Build button is disabled

This probably shouldn’t need to be asked and I really have searched the docs and even the tutorial hoping to find the simple thing that I’ve missed but… I’ve got nothing. I have an account with 1701 and am wanting to put a build up for my client to see the progress so this is the first time I’ve tried to use the build button and it is disabled. What part of my configuration am I missing? Thanks in advance for your time!

Not sure what to add to this information-wise. I’m on a Win10 machine. I have a web license key although it expired in Sept of 2016.

If your license expired in September, make sure you’re not using a Xojo version that was released after your license expired. You can find older builds of Xojo here: https://www.xojo.com/download/archives.php

It looks like 2016r3 was released September 13, 2016

Without looking through release dates (yet) I notice that the same version allows me to build my desktop apps. So I think that means it was a version that I downloaded within my licensed time frame.

Yes- just checked and I’m running 2016r2 which was released in August of 2016. So I should be good as far as my license/version.

Hm. Interesting.
Give the lovely folks at hello@xojo.com a shout. They can dig into specifics with your account and license.

Hope you get it all sorted!

[quote=315362:@Ben Scofield]Without looking through release dates (yet) I notice that the same version allows me to build my desktop apps. So I think that means it was a version that I downloaded within my licensed time frame.

Yes- just checked and I’m running 2016r2 which was released in August of 2016. So I should be good as far as my license/version.[/quote]

All depends on the license you have. If you simply have a Desktop license, for instance, it will let you build desktop projects, but not Web.

Besides contacting Xojo, you can also check your account at Xojo.com and see which license you have current.

Hi Michel- sorry I didn’t clarify that point. I have a license for both Desktop and Web, bought at the same time and expiring at the same time.

What you can also do on Mac is to go to the app menu of the IDE and select “Licenses Keys…” (on Windows it is in the Help menu) then click Update. If you have not affected the web license to another machine, it should activate.

I got a message stating that my license keys were up to date but no change in the build option. One thing I hadn’t thought of was to go open 2016r1 and see if I see if the same button is disabled. It’s disabled there as well. Makes me think there’s just something off about my web license entirely.

Thanks for the help, gentlemen. At least it’s not looking like I have missed some super-obvious setting. Am waiting now to hear back from the Xojo support folks.

When it comes to getting licenses working it’s not the kind of thing I like to debug in the forum. Xojo have access to information we do not.

Oh for sure- gotta get them involved in licensing. I’ve never had a hiccup with their licensing before so I didn’t expect that at all but it appears that way since nobody knows (yet) of a setting that disables the build button.

Don’t get mad, but… do you have a platform selected?

Tim, I think you found the glitch. By default, Xojo is set to build for Cloud.

Oh I ain’t mad! I can’t find this sort of info in the docs (which isn’t say that it isn’t there but quite frankly I cannot figure out how to use the Xojo docs efficiently outside of search for an actual control or something like that)! And, no- I didn’t lol!

Sigh… that was it. I knew when I started this thread it would be something simple. I just didn’t know what!

Thank you!!