OpenSource: [KLTableViewController] A table view for custom cells designed for performance

KLTableViewController

Hello!,

I am the author of the original WebGrid class that was open sourced for XOJO a couple of years ago. Since then I had received considerable messages requesting an update and additional features. Today I am posting a complete re-write of the class with all the lessons learned from the original implementation. This version is not as rich in features as the original but the foundation is much more stronger and it will be simple (if popularity and demand is justified) to grow the feature list of the class as the code ages.

This Class was mainly written with performance in mind, and it uses well known techniques like lazy load to help minimize or eliminate main thread blocking or loading impact. All of the methods and implementations are vastly simplified and we now use a DataSource paradigm to feed the table with the cells. The cells can be any WebContainer you wish to use, however you have to comply or implement with the KLTableViewCell class interface to support cell selection.

This open source class is hosted on GitHub to encourage the community to improve on the code base and make this class better!.
This class is released as full open source. Completely free as free speech without permission or notice required (see details in the readme file)

https://github.com/kikolobo/KLTableViewController

A live demo can be tried here: KLTableViewController demo appc
(The demo can go offline from time to time, since the server is not a dedicated server, Also the demo uses push, which can result in some unexpected behavior, but this is not from the Table view).

Feel free to contribute to the code base and give me your opinions!

Great job, Francisco!
I’ll check it out in the next few days!

Thanks Albin… I think i need a better demo… Please let me know what you think.

Very nice! I’ve added this to the (growing) list of open source projects here: Page Not Found — Xojo documentation

Thanks Paul!

Great stuff ! Nice work Francisco and thank you for bringing it open source.

Thanks Christophe, any question you have please let me know. I will try to work it out.

Has anyone tried it yet?

Sorry, something has gotten in my way but I’ll get to it soon as I would probably need it for a Web project later :wink:

@Francisco Lobo, is this beta good to use? :slight_smile:

[quote=26604:@Francisco Lobo]KLTableViewController

Hello!,

I am the author of the original WebGrid class that was open sourced for XOJO a couple of years ago. Since then I had received considerable messages requesting an update and additional features. Today I am posting a complete re-write of the class with all the lessons learned from the original implementation. This version is not as rich in features as the original but the foundation is much more stronger and it will be simple (if popularity and demand is justified) to grow the feature list of the class as the code ages.

This Class was mainly written with performance in mind, and it uses well known techniques like lazy load to help minimize or eliminate main thread blocking or loading impact. All of the methods and implementations are vastly simplified and we now use a DataSource paradigm to feed the table with the cells. The cells can be any WebContainer you wish to use, however you have to comply or implement with the KLTableViewCell class interface to support cell selection.

This open source class is hosted on GitHub to encourage the community to improve on the code base and make this class better!.
This class is released as full open source. Completely free as free speech without permission or notice required (see details in the readme file)

https://github.com/kikolobo/KLTableViewController

A live demo can be tried here: KLTableViewController demo appc
(The demo can go offline from time to time, since the server is not a dedicated server, Also the demo uses push, which can result in some unexpected behavior, but this is not from the Table view).

Feel free to contribute to the code base and give me your opinions![/quote]

Great idea !

However, the demo link does this : Unable to launch application 'KLTableView' on port 24838 :frowning:

I have downloaded the zip on github and will try it soon. Thank you.

Trying it right now :slight_smile:

@Francisco Lobo

The KLTableViewController worked great until now; Xojo 2014R3 has changed the way scrolling is handled and now scrolling no longer works on iOS devices & Android. Still works on Windows and Mac.
Any chance of getting it fixed for Xojo 2014R3?
Thanks in advance.

Very nice, thx for sharing!