Newest Xojo version

Can somebody tell me the last Xojo Version that just produced the .exe and Libs folder rather than requiring all the additional dll files in the root folder?

Thanks.

Simon.

2008r1

see
http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/Deprecations

Thank you Christian. That is for a single exe file - I was asking about the exe file AND the Libs, NOT the additional dll files.

I have found the answer in your second link file. It is actually 2015r2.4.

Thanks again.

Simon.

2011R3 will produce single-file EXEs (no Libs file required at all) if you are careful to avoid using any plugins (internal or external).

I use this for some special cases where I absolutely must have a single EXE file with nothing else.

Thank you, Michael, good to know.

Out of interest the oldest release that I have on disk is RealStudio2012r21. According to the numbering you quoted that would mean the version is RealStudio, not Xojo. Is that correct?

I don’t actually remember if I was a licence holder back in 2011!

Simon.

[quote=313412:@Michael Diehr]2011R3 will produce single-file EXEs (no Libs file required at all) if you are careful to avoid using any plugins (internal or external).

I use this for some special cases where I absolutely must have a single EXE file with nothing else.[/quote]

The last version where this is possible is 2011R4.3. That’s a main reason why I still use that version.

If by “requiring all the additional dll files in the root folder”, you mean the Windows Runtime dll files (there are about 41 of them), then the last version NOT requiring them is Xojo v2015r4.1.

Starting with versions from 2016, the Windows Runtime dll files are required.

http://developer.xojo.com/2016-release-highlights

Andrew - Interesting. I researched this heavily when I chose 2011R3 over 2011R4.3 but I can’t remember (or find) my notes for why I made that choice. Possibly it was simply that 2011R3 had a smaller EXE size and that mattered to me.

Are you aware of any important improvements between 2011R3 and 2011R4.3 ?

I didn’t do much research at the time, I just noticed that as of 2012R1 I could no longer build single file EXEs even by avoiding the parts of the framework implemented as plugins. The only real difference I can see between R3 and R4.3 is removal of PPC and Universal binary on Mac.