High performance x-plat graphics framework

TL;DR: Core Image is great to start with, but difficult to get maximum performance. It’s also appleOS only.

My requirements are pretty simple, I need to be able to process 128-Bit floating point images as fast as possible. These need to be displayed to the screen (albeit reduced in dimensions) and written to disk in popular formats.

Ideally I want multi-core processing so that it can be run faster if the user has a multi-core machine. Ideally it would be awesome to be able to use some sort of scripting system where processes can be created dynamically in Xojo code.

I’d like to step back from using the GPU if I can for the time being as it seems that would bring it’s own bag of pain with the different platform libraries and so on.

It’s a huge undertaking, but one that I feel is necessary for my future and possibly the future for other developers.

What are your thoughts?

That you should ping @Peter Stys about his high performance image processing code
Not so much for the code (which I believe is specific to his realm of medicine) but for the general setup which I believe uses shared memory and multiple helpers all accessing a portion of the image and processing it in parallel

[quote=310481:@Norman Palardy]That you should ping @Peter Stys about his high performance image processing code
Not so much for the code (which I believe is specific to his realm of medicine) but for the general setup which I believe uses shared memory and multiple helpers all accessing a portion of the image and processing it in parallel[/quote]
Thanks Norman.