How would I draw this in DynaPDFMBS?

Ignoring the shaggy nature of the lines, how would you draw a Simple Oval at this angle using Xojo?

DrawOval gives me horizontal or vertical only.
OvalShape always fills…

Use PixMapShape with Rotation.

See also OvalShape.

Yup.
As I mentioned, OvalShape always fills with a color, which is a problem because otherwise it should be doing what I need.
I get something that looks like a squashed ball rather than a squashed ring

I need a ‘hollow’ shape.
Pixmapshape can be rotated and might just work but since I need a variety of colors, Id need to create several bitmaps to do this, and set parts of it to be transparent.

I cant figure out why I get filled ovalshapes, though.
Shouldnt be that hard to draw an oval formed of a line.

Do you set the fill property?

From the dicumentation: “The opacity of the interior, from 0 (completely transparent) to 100 (opaque). The default is 100.”

NOTE: Degrees of transparency is currently supported only on Mac OS X and Windows with GDI+ enabled. On other platforms, the border is either visible (100%) or invisible. On Windows, you can enable GDI+ using code such as this:
app.UseGDIPlus=True
dim p as New Picture(300,300,32)
dim g as Graphics = p.graphics
app.UseGDIPlus=False

Can’t you control the Alpha of the FILLCOLOR? I haven’t tried it, but it makes sense that it would work

nevermind… it doesn’t work

g.ForeColor=&c000000
  g.drawline 0,0,g.Width,g.Height
  g.drawline g.Width,0,0,g.Height

Dim o as New OvalShape
  o.width=g.Width
  o.height=g.Height

o.Fillcolor=RGB(127,127,255,0)
  o.Border=255
  o.BorderColor=&cff0000
  o.BorderWidth=5
  g.DrawObject o,g.width/2,g.Height/2

Btw this is another example of the new “documentation” being a giant pile of cr@p.

You can easily find the documentation for .fill in the old language guide, but I’m unable to find it in the new one. Does it no longer exist in the new framework? If it does: how are you supposed to work with such a defective and confusing documentation.

Hasnt Xojo just ditched that?

Got it.

Fill = 0
Border = 100

They do the same thing but for different aspects.
Probably would have got straight to it if they were called
FillTransparency
BorderTransparency

but hey ho.

Using 2016r4.1
Ope Preferences
Set to Use Local Reference
Open Language Reference
Type in “fill”
Press return
Lo & behold - EVERY method property etc that contains the word “fill”

Yes, but that’s not the documentation Markus is talking about.
I agree with him, developer.xojo.com is very cumbersome and difficult to use compared to the old Wiki format.

Open Preferences

And never worry about the rest :slight_smile:

[quote=310007:@Jeff Tullin]Ignoring the shaggy nature of the lines, how would you draw a Simple Oval at this angle using Xojo?

DrawOval gives me horizontal or vertical only.
OvalShape always fills…
[/quote]

ArcShapes
FigureShapes

And group it all into a group2d so you can just say “draw this group”

[quote=310182:@Norman Palardy]Open Preferences

And never worry about the rest :)[/quote]

Your missing the point.

developer.xojo.com is the official documentation.

That you recommend not using it says it all really.

But everyone going there comes away with a bad impression.

Conclusion: ditch it. Revert to the Wiki which was miles better.

I would expect them to implement it accordingly with their new framework as otherwise they break a lot of code.

[quote=310191:@Markus Winter]Your missing the point.
developer.xojo.com is the official documentation.
[/quote]
Its not the ONLY official documentation though
The one in the IDE is as well since it comes from both the older wiki & the new site
It just amalgamates the two into one format

Not really
What it says is “Norm realizes that the one built into the IDE is fast easy to search and just as official as any other source”

2016r4.1 removed GDI+

[quote=310156:@Tim Parnell]Yes, but that’s not the documentation Markus is talking about.
I agree with him, developer.xojo.com is very cumbersome and difficult to use compared to the old Wiki format.[/quote]

It’s also bloody impossible on an IPad! Some pages come up fine and you can scroll down just fine. Others fail and no amount of refreshing helps at this point, nothing left but request a standard page.

If you were doing Mac only, I’d say use CoreGraphics. Rotate the context, then draw an oval or two even.

The question is not if they removed GDI+ but wether they still have .fill and wether it works the same as under GDI+.

I can’t find the answer in the new documentation.