Update a dialog

Good morning.

After my users enter some info and click Save, a dialog appears asking what they want to do next. Works fine.

One of the options is to stop entering data. At this point we download a file and send them an email (this may change).

What I would like to do is, if click the button that indicates they’re done entering data, display (make visible) a couple of labels so they know to wait and what to do next.

The problem is that the labels don’t appear (actually, I’m pretty sure they do appear, but at that point the dialog closes).

I’m controlling things with a timer as recommended. I bet the problem is that I’m in a dialog.

Any suggestions?

-Bob

This issue is supposed to have been fixed back in 2015. Strange it should reappear.

See https://forum.xojo.com/18174-weblabel-patch-for-known-issues-in-2014r3 if it helps.

Apparently things work differently on dialogs.

What I ended up doing is adding a Timer (not a WebTimer). When my users click the button, the dialog closes itself and informs the page to do the next step. Step 1: starts a timer. Step 2: Timer fires and shows a second dialog (telling users to wait while we make the report). Timer started again. Step 3: Make the report and download to user and email a copy. Second dialog then closes.

Tricky part about this is that when the timer fires, the framework does not know the session. Luckily I had already made a copy of the current session in the class that drives all this.

If I remember right, setting the weblabel multiline made it reappear in previous problems of the same nature. You may want to try.