XOJO virus?!?

After upgrading to the latest version I found my system crashing after the first run of an program I gave it. I soon noticed a an object running I had not created called “stackstacker”, that was causing a file error 104 and stopped XOJO from running again without restarting the machine.

I’d like to get back to using XOJO … any ideas?

How is this related to a Virus? :frowning:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you can’t even be bothered to tell us what system you are running then you cannot expect help.

That is what platform channels are for :p…

[quote=308916:@Doug Gamble]After upgrading to the latest version I found my system crashing after the first run of an program I gave it. I soon noticed a an object running I had not created called “stackstacker”, that was causing a file error 104 and stopped XOJO from running again without restarting the machine.

I’d like to get back to using XOJO … any ideas?[/quote]
LastErrorCode 104 = FileInUse. My guess is that you’ve got a cache file that the system thinks is being held by another instance of Xojo.

Before going any further, please take a video of Xojo leading up to and including the crash. That may be helpful in telling where the problem is.

Alt+Tab to watch what are the running applications may help.

I assume you are running Windows.

My bad…

I’m running the latest version of Mac on a Macbook Pro with 8gb. Had no problems until I upgraded but we have all heard that one before. After running the program successfully (it will do it) XOJO will not run again until I restart the machine, I get the error 104.

The virus comes in as I wonder if someone is sticking a stack monitor object in the XOJO program that get added to you own program , sort of a hidden object.

Are you using Dropbox?

I’ve never heard of “stackstacker” but …
Open activity monitor & inspect the list of files stackstacker is holding on to
That should give you some clues too

looks like it is some kind of GitHub script

I am using Dropbox

Are you working on your project live out of Dropbox?
That causes intermittent issues, so myself and several others highly recommend against it.

To sync with Dropbox you should pull your project out, work on it, and then put the new one back in.
At that point you should look into version control software :slight_smile:

I am NOT running my project from within Dropbox … I just have it installed

I suggest that you try downloading Xojo again from our website and reinstalling it. Thid could be part of Apple’s security updates in 10.12 that are getting you.