macOS 10.12.2 upgrade kills USB keyboard

I just spent the last few hours sorting out my mac. I accepted the latest os upgrade for my 2013 MacBook Pro 13 inch.
Then promptly lost use of my external USB keyboard.
The only way I can now use it is via my thunderbolt dock. Ie plug keyboard into the dock, and dock my MBP.
this was th solution after searching the web.

It seems to be something to do with the switch over to USB c , and a bug.

So just a heads up

I have a MBP Pro 13 late 2013 running macOS 10.12.2 and have no issues with the 2 USB ports. Works fine.

mackeeper and other same level “I will fix all your problems on your mac” softwares
often make strange things
and I have some customers that had the trackpad, or the keyboard, the mouse, not working.
removing of these (with a tool such a malwarebytes) did solve the problem.

[quote=308474:@James Nicholson-Plank]I just spent the last few hours sorting out my mac. I accepted the latest os upgrade for my 2013 MacBook Pro 13 inch.
[/quote]
Other people have been reporting USB issues in the Apple developer forums, bluetooth keyboards continue to work fine.

Have you tried the USB extension lead that comes with the Keyboard?

Dude it seems like you have one of every modern Mac there is!

[quote=308489:@Sam Rowlands]Other people have been reporting USB issues in the Apple developer forums, bluetooth keyboards continue to work fine.

Have you tried the USB extension lead that comes with the Keyboard?

Dude it seems like you have one of every modern Mac there is![/quote]

I have an iMac 5K, MBP Pro 2013 (testing purposes only), MBP Pro early 2015 (wife), MBP Pro late 2016.
I think you have more Apple gear. :wink:

[quote=308492:@Christoph De Vocht]I have an iMac 5K, MBP Pro 2013 (testing purposes only), MBP Pro early 2015 (wife), MBP Pro late 2016.
I think you have more Apple gear. ;-)[/quote]
Not at all mate.

• 2015 rMB (testing and daily e-mail/reading/Youtubing).
  • 2012 rMBP with TBD (Workhorse).
  • 2014 MBA (Wife’s machine).

And a bunch of dead machines. The wife and I used to have an iPad each, but over time we’ve donated them to various family members. I replaced a 2008 MBA and iPad 2 with a 2015 rMB. While the Wife just gave hers up.

There’s an opening for a brand new machine (and has been since 2015)… Just waiting for Apple to design and make it :slight_smile:

I probably have more dead gear, maybe if you count what I have in storage…