Avoiding wake-from-sleep crashes on the TouchBar MacBook Pro

I’ve put this in the MacOS section rather than off-topic because it affected RegExRX and, presumably, will affect other, older, Xojo apps.

http://www.mactechnologies.com/wordpress/2017/01/avoiding-wake-from-sleep-crashes-with-the-touchbar-macbook-pro/

Just out of curiosity… do you have the URL where that NSLayerPerformanceUpdates key is defined? I did a quick web search but got zero results.

Your app could write the option yourself into your own preferences plist.
Via CFPreferences classes for example.

Nope, and the guy I got the tip from didn’t know for sure either. It has to do with how graphics are handled, but that’s all I know.

[quote=308425:@Christian Schmitz]Your app could write the option yourself into your own preferences plist.
Via CFPreferences classes for example.[/quote]

I’m sure just recompiling with a newer Xojo would do the trick. RegExRX was last compiled in 2013, and I haven’t needed to update since (!).

I also expect this to be fixed within the OS eventually.

More: I just compiled a nothing app and closed the lid for a few minutes. The app didn’t crash.

Thanks for sharing this Kem.

I’d be really interested to know what this is all about.

It’s probably worth pointing out that using this key may hurt you if you’re trying to get into the Mac App Store as they tend to frown on using private or undocumented features.