No ODBC drivers on Win10

I’m trying to run the ODBC Sample app that uses MS-ACCESS database that requires a driver. My problem is This win 10 computer shows NO Access ODBC driver???
I am an Office 365 subscriber so I can open and edit the sample file using Access, but I was hoping I could make a front-end with XOJO, because I have a customer that uses an Access POS application that is uglier than a mud fence.

So does anyone know where I could get ODBC Access drivers? Or how else can I use XOJO with the Access files?

TIA
LicensedNERD

More info and a download link here.

Personally, I’d suggest moving it to a standard database like SQL Server Express or PostgreSQL, or SQLite if it’s a local app only. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing it right. And Access can lead to a world of hurt.

+1

Access is a very good tool when used within its own environment. Quite useful for large scale data cleaning and conversion. Early versions were well integrated with early VB releases, but even later VB releases recommended the use of SQL Server Express. There is even SQL Server Compact that competes in the same kind of space as SQLite. If you are going to be Windows only, SQL compact is a good choice. If there is any chance that you are going to cross platforms, then SQLite is a better choice. For any multi-user applications, real database servers are vastly superior. Options abound. Postgre, SQL Server, DB2 Express, Oracle Express, Firebird. My favorite is SQL Express because it is so easy to manage, and has all the features I want (except integrated database backup functionality, which I had to work around).

For what it is worth, I have been testing SQL Server for Linux for some time now, with success. I have it installed on 2 Linux Mint 18.1 instances: 64 and 32 bits. One instance was upgraded from 18 to 18.1 while SQL server was installed and running. I can use SSMS on my Windows dev machine to manage the Linux instances. Xojo apps (currently running on Windows) can use the Linux instances just fine. MS is releasing ODBC drivers for Linux, which should make it quite easy to run Xojo apps on Linux with a backend SQL Server database. It is also supposed to run in a Docker container on OSX. I have not tested that however.

I’m using and ODBC driver on windows 10 to read a database from another program. It works very well.

Here is my connection code.

[code]Sub Change()
if me.ListIndex = -1 then Return

dim MaestroPath as String = me.RowTag(me.ListIndex)
'conncect to maestro database
mDb = New ODBCDatabase
mDB.DataSource = “Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=” + MaestroPath + “;Uid=;Pwd=;”
If Not mDB.Connect Then
MsgBox("Error: " + mDB.ErrorMessage)
End If

GetQuotes
End Sub
[/code]

You may need to make sure the driver is installed. Also it looks like the driver might be 32 bit only.

A google search turned up this.

I’m using PostgreSQL where a server situation is needed, and SQLite for single user database.

also remember this

The 32-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64 folder.
The 64-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\System32 folder.

Thanks for the help. This lady bought this little shop 10 years ago with this software on the computers. We have updated the computers twice, but not the pos software. It has run day in day out for years and years. Each check out computer has the access front end, and they both read and write to another access be database. It just works great, but is very ugly now and needs upgrading. Of course she doesn’t have any money???

Thanks again