Xojo OS X > macOS

Everything in Xojo (including this forum) is still using then naming '‘OS X’ - shouldn’t everything be renamed to macOS ?

I refer to it as OS X because I like it that way.
They renamed it to macOS for no reason really.

macOS comes from the camelCase in iOS. iOS comes from iPod where it originated, and if you ask Steve, the i in iPod comes from the i in iMac. So naming it macOS is just assbackwards :stuck_out_tongue:

Timmy Cook is doing his damnedest to push all the loyal Mac users away, so we’ll see how this goes over the next few years.

10.12 is macOS. Everything else with 10.xx is OS X.

Actually, when it came to be, OS X was Mac OS X.

Pure marketing.

A rose, by any other name …

I agree. Apple don’t make an “OS X” or “Mac OS X” operating system anymore. They make macOS so whether we like it or not, it’s probably time we adopted it.

Apple post-Jobs seems an awful lot like Apple pre-Jobs. Cosmetic marketing changes with no significant innovation.

In unrelated news, have you guys seen the new Performa series of iPads?

Do they come in beige?

A lot of things in Xojo (including this forum) is using “Win” - shouldn’t they be referred to as “WINDOWS 10 BY MICROSOFT”?

just being factious :slight_smile:

Submit a feature request that we update these strings
Assign it to your favourites so it gets some points
And persuade a lot of people that this is a high priority
:stuck_out_tongue:

High priority? It was renamed six months ago :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, but it’s not a name worth changing to, so let’s ignore it for now :wink:

Luddite. Here’s me trying to help Xojo to appeal to the cool kids. But that’s fine, you continue to ignore reality :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=305312:@Norman Palardy]Submit a feature request that we update these strings
Assign it to your favourites so it gets some points
And persuade a lot of people that this is a high priority[/quote]

Not sure why we should vote for it. Apple changed the name to macOS. Period.

So we should keep the name RB too. I never liked the name Xojo. :-/

Run “Xojo” through Google Translate a few times, and you’ll be rewarded for your efforts!

[quote=305292:@Michel Bujardet]10.12 is macOS. Everything else with 10.xx is OS X.

Actually, when it came to be, OS X was Mac OS X .[/quote]

Apple did rename everything to macOS.
For example they now uses macOS 10.7+ instead of OSX 10.7 in there Apple developer docs.

[quote=305332:@Tim Parnell]Run “Xojo” through Google Translate a few times, and you’ll be rewarded for your efforts!
[/quote]

Well, run ‘s e x’ through Google Translate a few times, and you’ll be rewarded for your efforts!
Not sure what you are trying to tell us.

[quote=305333:@Christoph De Vocht]Apple did rename everything to macOS.
For example they now uses macOS 10.7+ instead of OSX 10.7 in there Apple developer docs.[/quote]
Well, they can’t change the print on the boxes in my closet display case!

[quote=305336:@Tim Parnell]Well, they can’t change the print on the boxes in my closet display case!

[/quote]

True, but it is not relevant here.

Oh I’m just being difficult for the jest.

Marketing counter fire ?

So, people talk about that and do forget about the hardware (and lack of the new File System in macOS Sierrra).