Why Xojo Inc. acts like this?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 years ago

First, thanks @Greg.

But I see – you almost all think that I’m act in internet differently than others. So you even don’t believe me, if I say that I browse even-handedly in every site.

Dear @Tomas – I don’t need more connections than needed for normal browsing. Please – where you got idea that I need more connections. Why you arrogate me requirements, I don’t need.

@Greg – I have already tried what you wanted to know many times. And more. Computers and all related to them and more is what gives sausage to my bred, so I’m not that stupid about those things. I explain once more – I open browser or if it is already opened I browse to xojo.com and with control click open forum. Then I search something and again with control click open maximum 3 topics and then read them. If I not satisfied with them, then problems begun. If I go back to search page and click View more, in 90% likelihood server not respond anymore. So I must wait and I think you can’t imagine how frustrating this is, because I use forum very rare. Only, when manual and my mind not give me answers. And then – after approximately after ten minutes Xojo server serves again. And then I can open as many tabs or pages and as quick as I can as my computer memory allows. Until I close last browser with Xojo page. After that all horror begins again. If I meanwhile browse from other IP with mobile network by Samsung Note Tab, I can browse by little (when PC browser still cant connect to Xojo) and then you server bans that also. Maybe you have some rules for “post soviet” countries IPs. I don’t know, but I can tell that this situation is very frustrating and I’m not bad person, but I wish all of them, who just say that I whine, the same thing by years and years… Then maybe you learn something…

And nobody answered my question – Why is that kind behavior good. You restrict using for ten minutes and after that I can do whatever? Point of that is?

3. Eli O

is not verified 19 Dec 2016 Europe (Berlin, Germany)

@Phillip Z What browser? Some browsers now have a look ahead feature (Microsoft Edge) that will start downloading all the links on a page to make page browsing seem faster.

Safari on OS X El Capitan.

4. Tim P

19 Dec 2016 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY
    Edited 2 years ago

@ÜllarKruustik And nobody answered my question – Why is that kind behavior good. You restrict using for ten minutes and after that I can do whatever? Point of that is?

It's a standard practice for web servers to outright block connections from sources they determine are being too abusive. It prevents the whole website going down because of one user. They don't block permanently because IP addresses get reassigned, and it could block a legitimate user after a blocked user switches their IP.

The idea is to block malicious intent, and people scraping for data.
    Not that you care much for user security.

5. Thanks @Tim, but if I want scraping data, it will not help as I can wait 10 minutes and then scrape all I can. So what is the point? And I think that the way I described, my using of forum is not unusual, or really all others browse one-by-one with one browser window and one tab? I don’t believe that.

6. Edited 2 years ago

You would be blocked again very quickly if you were scraping after the time, and thus the scraping would not be practical. And yes, the typical forum user just uses one tab for the forum.

7. Tim P

19 Dec 2016 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

@ÜllarKruustik Thanks @Tim, but if I want scraping data, it will not help as I can wait 10 minutes and then scrape all I can. So what is the point? And I think that the way I described, my using of forum is not unusual, or really all others browse one-by-one with one browser window and one tab? I don’t believe that.

My favorite part is how you have no idea how this all works together to provide a better experience for all, and you still think it's all about you.

8. Tomas J

19 Dec 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Germany)
    Edited 2 years ago

Well it was an assumption Üllar... maybe you can't do anything because the problem is on your ISP side? As many others said before, this has nothing to do with Xojo Inc. or the behavoir of Xojo Staff.

May I give onother example? This is screenshot of my Website and the Threats during one month. I would be stupid not to block threats and attacks. For my Customers I even set GeoIP filters blocking away everything east of Poland and south of Italy. Maybe you're just too close to Russia and/or your ISP uses routes via Russia?

-image-

9. Greg O

19 Dec 2016 Xojo Inc

@Tomas J Well it was an assumption Üllar... maybe you can't do anything because the problem is on your ISP side? As many others said before, this has nothing to do with Xojo Inc. or the behavoir of Xojo Staff.

May I give onother example? This is screenshot of my Website and the Threats during one month. I would be stupid not to block threats and attacks. For my Customers I even set GeoIP filters blocking away everything east of Poland and south of Italy. Maybe you're just too close to Russia and/or your ISP uses routes via Russia?

While I appreciate the idea, this is not why he's getting temporarily blocked. It has everything to do with how he's accessing the forum.

Just to be clear, the server will more and more aggressively protect itself, so if you continue to hit the server faster and faster, you will be blocked for longer periods of time. Save yourself some grief and open only one topic at a time.

10. Brock N

19 Dec 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

I use to have this problem back in the day. I also use to open everything in a separate tab and then get locked out and have to VPN to get back access to the forums. This was like a couple years ago and the problem disappeared after complaining and sending some ping logs back to the XOJO Team. Not sure what changed to fix my case but I understand how frustrating it can be. Maybe monitor to make sure your browser or any extensions aren't sending additional traffic to XOJO?

11. Emile S

19 Dec 2016 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

Stupid idea:
    It may be because of üller internet speed (50M internet connection) ?

If you have a laptop and can access to a free wifi around you (say McDonald’s, Hagen Daz, whatever), can you try to connect to this forum, from there ?

With a little luck, you will not use your ISP from there, on a slower speed internet connection.

BTW: if your intend is not to get help, just tell so and people from this forum will stop answering.

or Sign Up to reply!