2016R4 BevelButton problem

Just installed 2016 R4 and noticed that the icon images used in BevelButtons are not displayed properly anymore. Tried loading
the source graphic file again into a new button, but the problem remains.

Reverted back to R3 for the moment and all works fine.

Was it that this issue was noticed already but categorized by the team as too risky to do a quick fix for this release ? But anyway, make sure it’s in Feedback.

This misbehaviour was detected in beta phase.
I filed a bug case and it seems that the bug has been solved for a future release. Meanwhile we must use R3.

Seems strange to release a new version with such a visible bug, it’s not as if it was a problem with an obscure and rarely used method of a rarely used class. Will use R3 for the moment…

It’s possible that we will get a version 2016R4.1, hopefully, which repairs some issues that didn’t make it for R4 but are important to have fixed asap.

It’s beyond possible, most probable they are actively working on 4.1.

To be fair, release 4 was a major effort for Windows, with HiDPI final release, and all around Direct2D and DirectWrite.

For myself, I am pleased to finally see so much love for the platform.

I installed 2016r4 this morning on OSX 10.12.1, but find the IDE far less stable than 2016r3. Will continue to use R3 as well.

[quote=302009:@Ramon SASTRE]This misbehaviour was detected in beta phase.
I filed a bug case and it seems that the bug has been solved for a future release. Meanwhile we must use R3.[/quote]
I also filed a bug report on this, #46152. I didn’t see yours there or I wouldn’t have re-filed.

He probably filed a beta bug you could not see.

Sorry Dale.
Yes, mine was a beta case <https://xojo.com/issue/46099>
But it seems that the case has already been resolved. So it seems that both reports were seen.

This still doesn’t seem to have been solved in 2016r4.1, does anyone have some news?

Sorry, had an issue and the problem with the button icons does seem to have been solved in 2016r4.1