Virtual Xojo Users Group

1. ‹ Older
  2. 3 years ago

David M

5 Jan 2017 Edinburgh, UK

Hey @Tim D - looks like today's the day! Are you still planning to go ahead with this?

3. Tom H

5 Jan 2017 Warwickshire (UK)

I would also be interested in participating.

4. Emile S

5 Jan 2017 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

Tom,

where is your wand ? ;-)
    (just a joke Tom, no offense).

5. Tim D

5 Jan 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Richmond, VA

Hi everyone, and happy new year.

I had originally hoped to hold our first meeting today. However, between the holidays, client work, and releasing XWF , I haven't had the time to coordinate it. Therefore, I'm going to push the first meeting out a few weeks, to Thursday, January 26th, at 2 PM Eastern. That will give others time to sign up, and me time to coordinate speakers, etc.

At this point, 29 of you have expressed interest in the group by filling out the form that I had setup. If you are interested but haven't yet filled out the form, please do so when you get a chance: https://airtable.com/shr2D749orrGb1910

Also, I am holding a webinar on XWF today at 2 PM Eastern. If you're interested in attending, registration is still open. The registration form is here .

6. Markus W

5 Jan 2017 Pre-Release Testers #JeSuisHuman New Zealand, Auc...

Tim's webinar was excellent! If you missed it he will make it available for download (if the recording worked).

Thanks Tim! Looking forward to the next one :)

7. Tim D

5 Jan 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Richmond, VA

Hey @Markus W! Thank you so much for attending the webinar, and for the kind words.

That was the first webinar that I've given on my own with Zoom, so it was a little nerve wracking.

Anyway, here's the recording that I promised:
    http://timdietrich.me/xwf/webinar.php

8. Markus W

5 Jan 2017 Pre-Release Testers #JeSuisHuman New Zealand, Auc...

Aaaaaand … already downloading for my collection :)

Thanks!

9. Tim D

10 Jan 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Richmond, VA

Hi everyone.

I've been making progress on VXUG, the new "Virtual Xojo Users Group."

We now have a Web site, and you can visit it here: http://vxug.org You'll find information about the group, including the schedule of upcoming meetings, recordings of past meetings, etc. There's not much to look at just yet, but it's a start.

But more importantly, our first meeting is scheduled for Thursday, January 26th, at 2 PM Eastern. We'll talk briefly about the group and discuss future plans for it, recap the latest Xojo news, and then Bob Keeney will give us a brief demo of the latest version of Shorts, Hal Gumbert will give us an update on Xanadu, and I'll give a demo of Viewpoint (which can be used to develop Apple TV apps with Xojo). I'm expecting the meeting to run for about an hour. The meeting will be recorded, and the recording will be available shortly after the meeting. If you'd like to attend the live meeting, please register for it by visiting: http://bit.ly/2ic0oIX

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Tim

10. Tim D

25 Jan 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Richmond, VA
    Edited 3 years ago

Hello again.

Just a reminder that the first VXUG meeting is tomorrow at 2PM Eastern. So far, we've got 32 people registered - and we have plenty of room still available.

If you haven't already registered and are interested in joining us, here's the registration URL:
    https://zoom.us/webinar/register/134fb2bc3e327c6b34538d7d4481ef37

For those of you who cannot join us "live, " we will be recording the meeting. I'll make the recording available shortly after the meeting.

Thanks,

Tim

11. Markus W

25 Jan 2017 Pre-Release Testers #JeSuisHuman New Zealand, Auc...

@Tim D Hello again.

Just a reminder that the first VXUG meeting is tomorrow at 2PM Eastern.

That's 7 pm GMT.

A bit less US centric please. Trump or no Trump. :P

12. scott b

25 Jan 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro local coffee shop

@Markus W That's 7 pm GMT.

A bit less US centric please. Trump or no Trump. :P

we will be changing the times every month to try and make it easier for someone. We cant make everyone happy.

13. Markus W

Edited 3 years ago

@scott b we will be changing the times every month to try and make it easier for someone. We cant make everyone happy.

You misunderstand. I mean that times should be given in standard time which is GMT, not some US time. Everyone would know their GMT offset, but nearly everyone outside the US will have to look up how to convert a US time to their time zone. So instead of ONE person looking up the equivalent GMT you end up with who knows how many. Inefficient and inconsiderate.

14. Bob K

25 Jan 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Kansas City

Many in the US don't know their GMT. We refer to the time zone in the US as Eastern, Central, Mountain, or Pacific timezones. So a GMT would mean nothing to most Americans.

15. scott b

@Markus W p with who knows how many. Inefficient and inconsiderate.

Ahh. I did misunderstand. Sorry. Please accept my apology.

My experience is with US based companies/peoples you have to put it in US based timezones. And most international ones dont care what timezone you say, they all know how to AutoMagically change it their time. When I was with Nokia, all my meetings were posted in EST (US Eastern) and my colleagues would post their meetings in their local time zones. Then we all would convert to our own timezones ourselves.

YMWV

16. scott b

@Bob K Many in the US don't know their GMT. We refer to the time zone in the US as Eastern, Central, Mountain, or Pacific timezones. So a GMT would mean nothing to most Americans.

Yeah what @Bob K said. Most Americans (not implying the ones here as we are special) cant do the math nor know what GMT/UTC is.

17. Christian S

25 Jan 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Germany

see
    http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com

Shows 20 o'clock for me in Germany. Right?

18. Christian S

25 Jan 2017 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Germany

The confirmation email had a link to add to calendar

19. Markus W

Edited 3 years ago

@Bob K Many in the US don't know their GMT. We refer to the time zone in the US as Eastern, Central, Mountain, or Pacific timezones. So a GMT would mean nothing to most Americans.

That's what I mean with US centric. GMT is the standard, not any US time zone.

And programmers are not normal US citizens. They (should) know the Earth is round (not flat), has time zones, Europe exists, and other languages have characters beyond a-z ;P

Xojo itself has a GMToffset in the date object, not a USEsternTimeOffset: http://docs.xojo.com/index.php/Date.GMTOffset

After all this is supposed to be a world wide virtual group, not a US one. Unless I misunderstood.

20. Joseph C

25 Jan 2017 Warrenton, VA

As former military, when I hear someone give at time in GMT, I automatically think "Zulu" time.

21. Emile S

26 Jan 2017 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

@Joseph C "Zulu" time.

Care to explain ?
    I suppose this have nothing related to South Africa ;)
    (my military times are so far away)

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!