Windows build has multiple error on loading

Iv’e created a Password storage App called Password ID which works fine on a MAC.
Iv’e done a Windows build to test on Windows 10 which I have on a laptop.
Here’s the list of files:

Iv’e tried using Innosetup to install the app and also tried just running it from a folder on the desktop.
Here’s some of the same errors I keep getting when trying to run the app. There are many more in a similar vein…

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When Innosetup or another installer creates an icon, the icon carries a ‘working directory’
For this app, the working directory needs to be the installed folder.
When you are running this, the working folder is somewhere else- it cannot see the DLLs.

Right click on the shortcut, and look at the properties…

I was not able to run an application when it was on Windows desktop, but it worked when elsewhere. Since then, I never do that again.

Did you try to put it (the application) in the Documents folder ? (WIndows).

[quote=297114:@Jeff Tullin]When Innosetup or another installer creates an icon, the icon carries a ‘working directory’
For this app, the working directory needs to be the installed folder.
When you are running this, the working folder is somewhere else- it cannot see the DLLs.

Right click on the shortcut, and look at the properties…[/quote]

Are you saying I need to put all the files (including Libs & Resources) into one folder?
Because they are all in the same folder after installation
Or do I need to tell Innosetup to put the Libs files into a special folder in Windows and the Resources files into a different one?
If all the files need to be in the same folder why does Xojo separate the files into folders during compile?

Iv’e looked at the shortcut properties and can’t see any “working directory” just a “start in” folder which is correct

I can’t seem to find any Xojo help for distributing apps on the windows platform.
Installation tips - Using Innosetup (or any other install app) - Windows XP/7/10 - walkthroughs etc

Don’t change lib and Resources folder. They are just fine. Have Innosetup copy this structure to the install folder and that is OK.

It seems pretty obvious you have an issue with a plugin. Which plugin are you using that could concern BevelButton ?

[quote=297121:@Stuart Sykes]I can’t seem to find any Xojo help for distributing apps on the windows platform.
Installation tips - Using Innosetup (or any other install app) - Windows XP/7/10 - walkthroughs etc[/quote]

These might help:

[quote=297125:@Michel Bujardet]Don’t change lib and Resources folder. They are just fine. Have Innosetup copy this structure to the install folder and that is OK.

It seems pretty obvious you have an issue with a plugin. Which plugin are you using that could concern BevelButton ?[/quote]

I’m not using any plugin’s
Maybe its the Windows Universal runtime that Iv’e read about?
Should I be distributing the Windows Universal Runtime with my App ?
Maybe because Im running the up to date Xojo some Windows versions may not have it installed?
If so - where is it located on the MAC and whats the best way to get it installed on the target machine ?

[quote=297269:@Stuart Sykes]Maybe its the Windows Universal runtime that Iv’e read about?
Should I be distributing the Windows Universal Runtime with my App ?[/quote]

Yes, with 2016R3, you must make sure either to install the universal runtime, or place the DLLs of the vc redistribuable next to the exe. See “WindowsUniversalRuntime.pdf” in the Documentation folder, next to the Xojo IDE executable.

The error message you posted does not seem to relate to that, though. And you do not need to do that in the debug run.

Have you tried to run it in the Windows IDE ?