How To Make Scrollbar Have Less Scroll For The Scroll Area

It seems that when I set the Maximum value for the scrollbar it has the desired scroll area. My confusion is how does my scrollbar in Chrome or Xojo (for example) look like it has less to scroll. I can use move my hand less down for what seems to be around the same scroll area. The scrollbar slider has a low height compared to the scrollbar track.

Is there a built-in function to do this, is something like this handled by me (the coder) or am I ignoring a basic design principle of the scrollbar?

Thanks

You want to use PageStep also, that changes the height of the scrubber.

Lets say the scrollbar is controlling a view that’s showing 100 units but there’s 150 total units of content to scrub through. Set Maximum to 50 because that’s the range to scroll, and set PageStep to 100 because that’s the amount visible in the view. Basically set PageStep to the amount that’s viewable in the control and Maximum to the amount it can slide.

[quote=293845:@Will Shank]You want to use PageStep also, that changes the height of the scrubber.

Lets say the scrollbar is controlling a view that’s showing 100 units but there’s 150 total units of content to scrub through. Set Maximum to 50 because that’s the range to scroll, and set PageStep to 100 because that’s the amount visible in the view. Basically set PageStep to the amount that’s viewable in the control and Maximum to the amount it can slide.[/quote]
I did as you said. I didn’t notice this as I didn’t think I was to set PageStep to such a significant amount more than default. Thanks for solving my problem.

[quote=293845:@Will Shank]
Lets say the scrollbar is controlling a view that’s showing 100 units but there’s 150 total units of content to scrub through. Set Maximum to 50 because that’s the range to scroll, and set PageStep to 100 because that’s the amount visible in the view. Basically set PageStep to the amount that’s viewable in the control and Maximum to the amount it can slide.[/quote]
That’s a really helpful solution - i applied this to a listbox (added a scrollbar to the listbox to simulate the autohide scrollbars in MacOS) and it worked perfectly.
This information really should be in the language reference…