External Class - won't save

Ok… I created a project that had 3 major sections

• a window with some controls
  • a custom class
  • a module containing test cases

The custom classs and module where made external as I needed to share them with a console project.

Today I loaded up the project, made some changes, saved the project, tested it, made more changes, saved it etc.

Then I noticed when I looked in finder… the time/date stamps for the external components had NOT changed and the IDE only gave me the option to “Make Internal” (as they were already “external”)

So… I thought “Ok, there is a bug, so I will make it internal, then external again, and that will take care of it”

WRONG. when I said “make internal”… all of a sudden I had code that was saved yesterday…

Luckily, I was able to “Undo Make Internal” and it reverted back to my current up to date code.

The question is… HOW DO I FORCE IT TO SAVE the EXTERNALS, I have searched the drive to see if it put them someplace else, but the ONLY Xojo file with todays timestamp is the “.xojo_xml_project” file … that contains the “window/controls”,

If I examine the project file with a text editor… I can see the FULLPATH to the External Code…
But those files are a day old

So right now I have all the right code sitting in the IDE, but cannot figure out how to save it

HELP!!!

and yes I have a license, so Binary/XML formats are available to me…

Ok… I found a “work around” , but I would still like to know what went wrong

Work around

• on Disk. rename the files containing the external items
  • make a subtle change to something in each class/module in the IDE (to mark it Dirty AGAIN)
  • save the project, it will now create the files you renamed with the original names again

There needs to be a way to save/rename (or change format of) external items via the IDE (or if there IS, I would love to know how)

Your problem sounds like <https://xojo.com/issue/5374> which I haven’t seen for a long time.