Windows 64bit apps Icon

64 bit has been around for what over a year ? And we still don’t have Application Icons on Windows 64 bit applications ?

Is there plan to get this done any time soon ?

maybe this is a big announcement for XDC?

PS: Do you come to Houston, Björn?

No sorry no Huston ! Berlin maybe (we will see)

Is there an easy way to do this in Xojo yet?

I’ve done this via my InnoSetup script.

For my current internal audience I’m not using an installer, so I was hoping there’s a way to do it with Xojo…

Not at this time
Definitely on the to do list

Hi Norman

Thanks for the confirmation…

I’ve been doing quick updates to a small internal audience without an installer, but maybe it’s time for me to get serious and do it the right way. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Joe

An installer lets you put one on a short cut or associate one using the registry
But it still doesn’t insert one into the app itself - which is really whats needed
That requires a resource compiler - and that IS on the TO DO list

Using an installer removes the app from the view of normal users, so you can present them with the proper icon in the Start menu, or with a Windows 8/10 tile.

Indeed it is time to use the proper procedures.

I am not sure if this code is common knowledge, and this is an example of how to change the Window and Program Icons in 32- and 64-bit modes at runtime with some modifications from the helpful code of Jim Cramer and Michel Bujardet:

Change Window and Program Icon 32&64 bit

Copy the Scispec16x16.ico to a C:\Test\ path and run the program and press the pushbutton.

It may help until a permanent solution is available.

Edit: Added the article link

[quote=287257:@Björn Eiríksson]64 bit has been around for what over a year ? And we still don’t have Application Icons on Windows 64 bit applications ?

Is there plan to get this done any time soon ?[/quote]
By the time 64 bit moves out of being “BETA” - which it still is