Barcode print to label printer

Hello,
I am trying to print barcode on Dymo label printer.
I got successful in this but it prints barcode too long as my barcode data is large . e.g. 123456100R0000123
So it goes outside of label which causes to not scan the barcode.
I am using object of graphics with draw string command.
I tried to reduce height and width but it causing to overlapping of bars of barcode.
Also I want to give command directly to printer instead of opening print dialog.
So please any one can help me to sort out this?

Thanks in advance…

[quote]Also I want to give command directly to printer instead of opening print dialog.
So please any one can help me to sort out this?[/quote]

Does the reply in your last post on the subject, 3 days ago not tell you that?

[quote]
http://download.dymo.com/dymo/user-guides/LabelWriter/LWSE450/LWSE450_TechnicalReference.pdf

from page 35
Essentially, (for a 10 chracter code) you send something like chrb(27) chrb(107) chr(2) chr(10) then 10 characters[/quote]
What have you tried?

Hello Jeff,
I tried to open that project rbp but it is giving some kind of error like need to update bundle of xojo
but I do not know how to do that
I am opening that project on MAC

[quote=286278:@Sharad Yadav]Hello Jeff,
I tried to open that project rbp but it is giving some kind of error like need to update bundle of xojo
but I do not know how to do that
I am opening that project on MAC[/quote]
check all, clic resolve, then open.

It gives error while running on osX -> not found /System/Library/Frameworks/winspool.drv.framework/winspool.drv

I am trying to print barcode on Dymo label printer.
I got successful in this but it prints barcode too long as my barcode data is large . e.g. 123456100R0000123
So it goes outside of label which causes to not scan the barcode.
I am using object of graphics with draw string command.
I tried to reduce height and width but it causing to overlapping of bars of barcode.
Also I want to give command directly to printer instead of opening print dialog.
So please any one can help me to sort out this?

Does anyone printed barcode on label printer without using drawstring method?

Use larger labels?
Dynamo has labels in various sizes.

I’m not sure this missing file is for os x, it’s certainly the driver for the printer on windows
so has this program been running on os x ?
or is it a source port from a windows version, that has no chance to run on os x if it needs such a file…

@Jeff Tullin @Paul Sondervan @Jean-Yves Pochez
The program given by jeff, uses winspool file which is I think windows file
I tried to run on XOJO installed on Windows 7, it asked to resolved and I resolved it.
Program ran successfully on windows.
So I modified code to print barcode directly on printer(for windows right now I used epson printer) and it has printed barcode like I want
But it is not working on os x, it looks os x not finds that winspool file.
Program contains call to library “winspool.drv”
So I think I need to install it on os x
I prepared build for os x but application not launching, gives above error

I checked with Windows machine and DYMO label printer,
Print command executing and print is going to label printer, but printer does not reacting to it
Epson printer works but not DYMO label printer

Not my project, its aon old post from Tim.
Essentially, the winspool part allows the windos app to send individual bytes to the printer.

Is the Dymo machine a serial or USB?
Can you use the usb port as a serial driver?

That example is for Windows only. It will not work on OS X or Linux. You need a completely different solution for those platforms.

Just wondering… Have you been to the Dymo.com web site ? I see Mac drivers over there.

He doesn’t need a driver. He needs to bypass the driver and send raw escape codes to the printer.

[quote]
He doesn’t need a driver. He needs to bypass the driver and send raw escape codes to the printer.[/quote]
And the original post didnt mention Mac :slight_smile:

Maybe CUPSMBS can do the trick, if the escape sequences are saved into a binary file and CUPS used to ‘print the file’.

Thank you @Jeff Tullin
I am able to resolve it
We also used Dymo label sdk to print labels on both MAC and windows
Thank you very much for your help and support :slight_smile: