macOS 10.12: What about QuickTime ?

I read minutes ago in a French blog that in macOS 10.12, QuickTime APIs are slowly removed.

Is there someone who use QuickTime / macOS 10.12 and made some testings with the current version of Xojo ?

I’m used to say that you cannot use quicktime since 10.7
(and xojo dropping support for 10.6 was in big parts du to quicktime support …)
so for the 10.12 … ! it’s over for a long time !

MBS QuickTime Plugin load QuickTime stuff dynamically so if it’s there, we can use it.
If not, functions don’t do anything useful.

QuickTime.framework is still there in 10.12 as far as I see.

Thanks for your answers.

Here’s the link to the article (use google to translate its contents) MacGeneration

For example:

In macOS Sierra’s SDK, Apple flags a lot of API as obsoletes.

My current post was related to that reading, so no one in a three to six month delay will say: Xojo video do not works anymore ! (or something related)

Quicktime has been deprecated for several years now, I would seriously advise you to look into alternative technology ASAP. For basic video playback, Xojo’s easily got you covered with their Movieplayer and you can use HTMLViewer. For more complicated tasks… There’s some learning to go through.

Thank you Sam.

aren’t you rejected from mac app store if it is linked in your app submission ?

yes.
So our plugin for the last years stopped linking them directly.

For software destined to the public, it would see inconsequent to say the least to pursue a technology Apple killed at the end of 2013 for the MAS.

Not only the MAS is one of the major venues to sell Mac software, where of course the program could not be sold because of QT, but also who knows which next version of macOS will dump it for good ?

Let’s face it, QuickTime is dead, and the corpse stinks…

[quote=274874:@Michel Bujardet]For software destined to the public, it would see inconsequent to say the least to pursue a technology Apple killed at the end of 2013 for the MAS.

Not only the MAS is one of the major venues to sell Mac software, where of course the program could not be sold because of QT, but also who knows which next version of macOS will dump it for good ?

Let’s face it, QuickTime is dead, and the corpse stinks…[/quote]

Tack on that it’s 32-bit only and 32-bit itself is a legacy thing at this point.

Afraid so.

Thank you all, this is clear now.