Mouse over menu bar

Hi all,

Is it possible to display menu items when mouse over a menu bar? Or change the cursor when over a menu selection? Now it is just a normal cursor (not arrow) that users may not know it can be clicked.

Thanks.

Afternoon,
I posted this same question a few days ago and came across yours. So far no reply. Have you found a way to do this?

I see how to track X & Y and with some experimenting I can locate the relative X&Y but need to find a way to trigger when the mouse is over a webmenuitem to act like a mouse click to show the list of menu items

I would also like this behaviour on the toolbar but I did not explore this much as I was waiting to see if web 2.0 would deliver this behaviour. Since now I made the decision to keep the project I’m working on at web 1.0 for quite some time I will look into this.

I believe that with some javascript it might be doable. I’ll explore this during the weekend and will share the results, hopefully something possitive.

The one thing I have no idea about is if calling the .click event using JS will actually raise the event in the xojo framework. I will let you know what I find.

Presently I am working with Anthony at Graffiti. He has a lot of great web functionality for XOJO. I have a project where this is being worked on at this time. More to follow

Anthony will get this working no doubt, he is very knowlegable. I own a license for the Graffiti suite for web.

@Hector Marroquin - yes Anthony has an updated solution.

I just integrated his GraffitiWebToolbar into my WE app. I was able to implement buttons and weblists. Some web lists had their own sub lists and where that is true a list icon is visible. Working with Anthony on a small thing to improve appearance to user but he has a very nice solution.

This GraffitiWebToolbar loads faster that the XOJO WebToolBar and the underlying methods that are selected from that GraffitiWebToolbar complete faster as well. Not by much but it is a noticeable difference.

[quote=487669:@Carl Fitzsimmons]@Hector Marroquin - yes Anthony has an updated solution.

I just integrated his GraffitiWebToolbar into my WE app. I was able to implement buttons and weblists. Some web lists had their own sub lists and where that is true a list icon is visible. Working with Anthony on a small thing to improve appearance to user but he has a very nice solution.

This GraffitiWebToolbar loads faster that the XOJO WebToolBar and the underlying methods that are selected from that GraffitiWebToolbar complete faster as well. Not by much but it is a noticeable difference.[/quote]

Good deal!

To be honest I have not used GraffitiWebToolbar yet. I will in a couple of days and if it provides a bit of improvement in loading time so much better.