Deployment to all platforms

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I wanting to create an application which is web based primarily, but also has a mobile presence too. I have created a web application and can see that I can build for OSX, Linux and Windows down the left hand side (along with web of course) but I can’t see how I can deploy to mobile. The only time I get the option to deploy to mobile is when I create a mobile application.

So the question is, can the same web application be deployed to mobile, or do I need to create two different applications and share the relevant code?

Thanks in advance.

If you’re creating a Web application, deployment target is not for your end user but rather the server the web app will run on. Have you seen the manual in reference to web apps?

[quote=263155:@Simon Futter]Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I wanting to create an application which is web based primarily, but also has a mobile presence too. I have created a web application and can see that I can build for OSX, Linux and Windows down the left hand side (along with web of course) but I can’t see how I can deploy to mobile. The only time I get the option to deploy to mobile is when I create a mobile application.

So the question is, can the same web application be deployed to mobile, or do I need to create two different applications and share the relevant code?
[/quote]

A mobile application will deploy on all browsers no matter their platforms, and the platform the app itself is running on. For instance the RubberViewsWE demo http://goo.gl/2ddjgR which is a Linux cgi app will show fine on iOS, Android, as well as OS X, Windows or Ubuntu.

If you specifically want to create an app that will run natively on iPhone/iPad, then you do need to create a separate project. As others have said, however, your end users can access your web app on their phone via their web browser. In that case, you want to make your web app responsive, so check the device attributes and show a different web page based on the user’s browser window dimensions.

Firstly thank you everybody for your replies.

That has answered my question perfectly.