Xojo 2016 R1 crashes on "Save As"

Running Mac OSX 10.7.5, and Xojo 2016 R1.

Selecting “Save As” from XOJO presents a completely blank “Save As” dialog box, then the program crashes. Worked OK in Xojo 2015 (all revisions).

Found that if you “double-click” on the xojo_binary_project file, it will open Xojo and you can do a “Save As” normally.

Filed a feedback report, but want anyone who experiences a similar problem to be aware of the work-around.

probably won’t get much help on this one, since 10.7 support is marked as deprecated (not to mention 4 versions old already)

I can say it seems to work just fine with 10.11

Agree, Dave - but unfortunately my Mac Pro can’t be updated past 10.7 because Apple didn’t include it in the upgrade path.

It appears I’ll have to buy a new computer at some point, but in the meantime the Xojo apps I’ve written for my own use are needed. As long as there is a work-around I’ll survive if Xojo doesn’t solve the issue, I guess.

Just wanted to add that the Xojo projects compile correctly and run un-modified from v2015. I have uncovered no other issues with 2016 on 10.7.5 than the “Save As”.

Understood… I was in same boat, which is why my 2006 MacPro now runs WIndows 10, and I have a 2012 27" iMac instead

I read <https://xojo.com/issue/43361>

I suppose you are saving local, and there is no chance the default path be on a resource that is not available ?

If “Save as” works when the project is double clicked, then that would be the workaround.

Does Xojo offer to report the crash when your relaunch it ? That would probably greatly help.