2016R1: Win app (build on Mac) fails with missing dll

With 2015 R4 it works, with 2016 R1 I get:

The app can’t be started because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-1-0.dll is missing.

Both with Win 7 in VMware Fusion and Win 7 on actual PC.

Anyone else seeing this?

See the WindowsUniveralRuntime pdf in the documentation folder

Your target OS needs it installed

Thanks!

[quote=257764:@Norman Palardy]See the WindowsUniveralRuntime pdf in the documentation folder

Your target OS needs it installed[/quote]

i thought xojo will install the extra files when generate for windows or something like that???

Xojo doesn’t generate an installer
That document covers this

understand now

IMO distributing Windows apps without an installer is a very bad idea. Users expect an installer.

Its been a long time recommendation from MS

But old versions of Xojo that created stand alone executables - despite documented issues & advice from MS themselves to not do what we were doing - people got used to “zip up the exe. send it to friend/family/coworker. they can unzip & run”

Things like the new runtimes & redistributable from VS really make an installer necessary

how can i resolve this issue ?

Unfortunately this answer is not enough.
Hi, friends.

I am trying to install Xojo2016r41Setup.exe --downloaded today–, but I am receiving this error:

“The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll is
missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem”

I try to install both Win7 Updates but for both the message is “Updating is not applicable to your PC”.

Windows6.1-KB3102810-x86.msu
Windows6.1-KB2999226-x86.msu

My system is Win7 Ultimate.

I consider that the installer must install the extra files that could need for a propper running (I agree with Richard Duke).

Thanks.

HERNAN CANO M

I tried to install both KB## mentioned in earlier message and vc_redist.x86.exe, before and now…
But the result is the same: the DLL is missing.

Windows 7 Ultimate.
Xojo 2016r4.1

(1) The very last moment of the installation it says:

"The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

(2) When I tried to run both Windows Updates, I received “Updating is not applicable to your PC”.

(3) I tried to install vc_redist.x86.exe, I receive the updating is already installed.

(4) If I try to run Xojo.exe “installed”, I receive

"The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

If I click, then it says

Failed to locate Framework DLL.

It looks as if the vc redistribuable is not installed correctly.

Open the Extras/Windows runtime/Files/x86 folder and drag a copy of all the DLL next to the Xojo.exe program.

That should solve your issue.

By the way, you should have started your own thread. Your issue is not the same as what the title says. It is better to start a new thread, then to hijack an older one.

Dunno but normally you install them from here: https://www.microsoft.com/de-ch/download/details.aspx?id=48145

They are included with Xojo. No need to download again.