Calendar iOS

Is there anyone trying to implement the iOS Calendar ? Any declares (Jason?) for this?
dtiOS doesn’t seem to include this.

We have already a kit:
http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/xojo/EventKit/

And part of OmegaBundle!

Thank you Jean-Paul: I totally overlooked that class.

Btw It’s still a damn pitty you dropped the development of the dt plugins. :wink:

I was looking at something like this and I bumped into this thread. I have dtPlugins back from 2015 so I went to look for this.

dtCalendar only has a calendar display, correct? It doesn’t read the calendar events from the OS nor can it write to it. Is this right?

I was looking at a simple way to display events in the current calendar, rather than display a calendar grid.

I think this is what you are looking for: https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/xojo/EventKit/

Hi.

No, it’s not. It’s literally mentioned in this thread three posts above (and in general in several places, it’s hard to miss :smiley: ). But I wanted this for an open source project so MBS doesn’t work out for it, as the license forbids using it.

Nobody stops you from making an open source tool, if you leave away the license keys from commercial tools away.
And for EventKit our classes. All the other stuff can go in a repository.
And whoever wants to build this, just needs to get the commercial source code or plugins needed.

[quote=401109:@Christian Schmitz]Nobody stops you from making an open source tool, if you leave away the license keys from commercial tools away.
And for EventKit our classes. All the other stuff can go in a repository.
And whoever wants to build this, just needs to get the commercial source code or plugins needed.[/quote]

If I want to offer the whole source of the app I can’t if I use MBS. This is not a comment on the quality of your work, the plugins or software licenses.

I specifically asked about dtPlugins because it’s currently in limbo and perhaps Jean-Paul would be open to sharing or selling the source code for open sourcing.

I’m not complaining about MBS nor am I skipping it out of ignorance on it or how open source works, but I appreciate the offer.

[quote=251050:@Christian Schmitz]We have already a kit:
http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/xojo/EventKit/

And part of OmegaBundle![/quote]

Christian,

Do you have a working demo for iOS? I can’t make it work and it’s becoming a bit frustrating. I’m only using calendar events but even so.

It may be that this is my first iOS version with Xojo (since it’s tripping me also in a lot of other differences).

Well, any errors?

The example use to work here, e.g. created an event.
You may need to sign app and include required entitlements.

[quote=411829:@Christian Schmitz]Well, any errors?

The example use to work here, e.g. created an event.
You may need to sign app and include required entitlements.[/quote]

Hi, Christian.

I’ve been looking at this (not a lot, due to other concerns) and wanted to confirm EventKit iOS was indeed included in OmegaBundle 2018.

I’ll have to admit the MBS site confuses me, as it’s sometimes not clear what’s included where without assistance. I was convinced EventKit was included in OB18 since I could run the sample EventKit code for MacOS. I tried looking for an example for iOS (the documentation mentions there is an example for iOS) and couldn’t find it.

I then looked around and from what I can see I no longer am sure the MBS Complete package included iOS EventKit.

Am I right here or I’m just confusedly missing something obvious? I can’t find the individual plugin for eventkit ios nor the example code, and the web seems to imply it’s only for iOS.

If that’s the case then that’s OK, I just thought it was included.

Complete package is for plugins and contains the EventKit plugin for Mac.

The stuff for iOS/Mac via declares is separate.
Do you like to have it?

You could order it and I think our coupon code FMK2018 is still valid…