Updating Xojo versions changes textbox, textarea, and label colors

this has been an ongoing bug for me ever since the 2014 days. why, when i update versions, does xojo change the colors of my textboxes, textareas, and lables?

Depending on what version and project format it can just be saving as 24 bit colors (just RGB) vs 32 bit (RGB + alpha)
And older IDEs may have saved the color as hex (&hAARRGGBB) vs colors (&cRRGGBB or &cRRGGBBAA)
Older IDE’s we not always consistent in what they did and that makes reading them in a newer version … challenging :stuck_out_tongue:

So why in the newer versions is it still an issue? i have 2015r3.1 and updated to 2015r4 and then to 2015r4.1 and had this occur for every update.

another issue is if xojo crashed it also changes all the colors.

I cannot tell with absolute certainty - I usually forget to check when I moved a project to a new version –, but I have the idea this happens mostly when the new Xojo version crashed and you decide to go with the temporary save after restart. Does the color shift occur in freshly moved projects for you too, James?

[quote=246550:@James Rogers]So why in the newer versions is it still an issue? i have 2015r3.1 and updated to 2015r4 and then to 2015r4.1 and had this occur for every update.

another issue is if xojo crashed it also changes all the colors.[/quote]

Without an example & steps how to see what you’re seeing I don’t have any idea why you’d continue to see it.
I’ve not seen it here with any of our projects (the IDE is only one of them) or had user reports of this continuing to happen EXCEPT when people edit the project in a new version, go back and edit it in an old version, then go back to a newer version.
In that case you’re getting the “old versions may have written it screwy” over & over.

That’s something I cannot exclude. I use Alfred for starting apps and from time to time it proposes an older Xojo version as the first choice. Thanks, Norman! I’ll try to keep that in mind - and should it happen though, I’ll try to file a “demo”. It may very well be what you describe was the cause. Sometimes, when an Alpha or Beta was too buggy, I reverted to an earlier version for sure.

i have had this happen on numerous occasions. and for the below quote i have also had happen and so i try to avoid loading a project after it crashed to prevent more work for myself, even though i have to rework everything since my last save it still saves me time. and i also avoid overwriting my projects with newer versions to avoid the below quote.

[quote]@Norman Palardy when people edit the project in a new version, go back and edit it in an old version, then go back to a newer version.
In that case you’re getting the “old versions may have written it screwy” over & over[/quote]

but the one that seems to be just me, according to yours guys’ comments, is when i update from an old version to a new one, while im in the new version the colors are changed. but the old version remains intact.

I have the same experience after crashes. But not with every temporary project.