When will we finally see some progress on iOS?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 years ago

I still think Xojo should buy the code from you to make it part of its IDE.

+1
    Except the plugins the support from @jean-pauldevulder is excelent..

3. Michel B

16 Apr 2016 Pre-Release Testers RubberViews.com

@LoannisKolliageorgas +1
    Except the plugins the support from @jean-pauldevulder is excelent..

And IMHO nhis prices are too low ;)

4. Jean-Paul D

16 Apr 2016 Pre-Release Testers

@Michel B And IMHO nhis prices are too low ;)

in next version, i paid users for use ! :)

5. Michel B

16 Apr 2016 Pre-Release Testers RubberViews.com
    Edited 2 years ago

Oh no !
    ;)

6. Hans-Jürgen M

27 Apr 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Germany)

Xojo is losing the greatest chance a company could have.

There are so many, let's say Desktop Developers, searching for an easy way to become a Mobile Developer. But if they try to use Xcode or B4 for example they see that there is a great mountain to climb.

Xojo is in fact easy to learn but after a short time you see the very poor implementation of iOS features. If Xojo would start an attack to implement some of the basic features (gps, camera etc.) and some more controls they have the chance to make Xojo the most popular development tool for the mobile development world.

PS: If i have to deal with declares and looking into the Apple docs and have to do this try and error coding there is no advantage and i can start learning Xcode / Swift.

7. Gavin S

27 Apr 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

@Hans-Jürgen Müller Xojo is losing the greatest chance a company could have.

There are so many, let's say Desktop Developers, searching for an easy way to become a Mobile Developer. But if they try to use Xcode or B4 for example they see that there is a great mountain to climb.

Xojo is in fact easy to learn but after a short time you see the very poor implementation of iOS features. If Xojo would start an attack to implement some of the basic features (gps, camera etc.) and some more controls they have the chance to make Xojo the most popular development tool for the mobile development world.

PS: If i have to deal with declares and looking into the Apple docs and have to do this try and error coding there is no advantage and i can start learning Xcode / Swift.

They've publicly said that the next release is focussed on iOS. I await with bated breath.

8. Hans-Jürgen M

27 Apr 2016 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Germany)

so let's be patient and see what happens ;-))

9. Michel B

27 Apr 2016 Pre-Release Testers RubberViews.com

With a tad of love, and taking into account the feature requests, Xojo iOS could be great. I just hope the many criticism have been understood as an encouragement to enhance a promising infant. It is also strategic : the market is massively going mobile, and even if luckily Apple PCs miraculously hold on, that won't be forever.

10. 4 months ago

Aurelian N

Mar 7 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

@Hans-Jürgen Müller so let's be patient and see what happens ;-))

And patient after almost 2 years and mostly nothing happened, lack of libraries and hard to work with makes it mostly useless. I feel bad to say it but this is the truth .

I hope they will improve this part, and if the promised android version will be same like iOS then it will take more 5, 6 years to have something that can be used for basic things.

Good luck XOJO

11. Emile S

Mar 7 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

Have-you read the news from Goodle (iOS/Android ?) development front ?

12. Sascha S

Mar 7 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Germany/W'haven

@Emile S Have-you read the news from Goodle (iOS/Android ?) development front ?

?

13. So the next release will be concentrate on iOS. Can somebody tell me when they are gonna concentrate on the Windows flickering?

14. Louis D

Mar 7 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Montreal, QC, Canada

Let's see what 2018R1 brings us. I am looking forward to having advances on the flickering front.

15. Aurelian N

Mar 7 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

@Emile S Have-you read the news from Goodle (iOS/Android ?) development front ?

it could be nice to share some links when you refer to news , you mean this one ?

16. I think this thread will be locked soon.

17. Christian S

Mar 12 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Germany

Well, wait for keynote on XDC.
    I hope they can present a few improvements for 2018r1, something in development from 2018r2 and what they plan for 2018r3.

Some things takes half a year or even a year to implement, so it would be nice to see what they are working on.

or Sign Up to reply!