Xojo under win 10 crashed

Hi, since I installed Win 10 an run Xojo the App crashed, if I want to save oder save as. Do someone know this Problem?

Save As… Binary Version? XML Version? Project Version?
what format are you attempting to save it as? (note if you are using the “Free IDE” version, it can only be Binary)
is the name you are providing a legal filename?
is the destination legal and writable?
what is the text of the error message?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thank you,
binary Version, Xojo r24. is there a Problem with this Version and Win 10?
Save Prozess crashed only in this Version, not in r4. with the same Name
destiantion ist valid, and the process with the r4 Version ist correct
there ist no error message, the Programm quits without a comment

Achim

further test in r4
Now here the save process ist correct
but the “save as” dont work, the window to write the filename dont open.
Definitly in Win 7 this processes worked correcty+ly
Greetings
Achim.

If this is the same hardware with the same version of xojo and whats changed in Windows from version 7 to version 10 then I’d suspect Windows 10 is not your friend and there’s “something” new about Windows 10 that is preventing this from working

As for “what” I have no idea what it might be
Could be anti virus
That seems a common source of aggravation for Windows users

Wow… I’ve NEVER heard ANYONE use “Windows” and “Aggravation” in the same sentence :smiley:

As of 2015r4, Xojo IDE crashes are saved to %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps (you can paste this path into Explorer to open it). Assuming there is a crash dump there, it’d be great if you filed a bug report with the steps to reproduce and attach the crash dump.

Hi,
thank you for the comments.
I will search for the crashDumps and start a bug report with more details…

Achim

The upgrade may not have been nice to Xojo. I would try to remove it and reinstall.

Just for one more data point… I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and did not have any problems. Xojo 2015r2.4 is running fine for me in Windows 10.

I second Michel B’s suggestion - reinstall Xojo and see if that helps.

[quote=238305:@Joseph Evert]Just for one more data point… I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and did not have any problems. Xojo 2015r2.4 is running fine for me in Windows 10.

I second Michel B’s suggestion - reinstall Xojo and see if that helps.[/quote]

The bug report would still be helpful before trying this so that we can fix whatever the issue might be.

Thanks Joe,
I didn’t know it.
It will be very useful for me, because 2015r4 is crashing a lot (two or three times per hour) when I start debugging.
Both in Windows 7 and 10 (I’ve not checked it in Windows 8). So it is not related with Windows 10, just with Windows.

[quote=238377:@Ramon SASTRE]Thanks Joe,
I didn’t know it.
It will be very useful for me, because 2015r4 is crashing a lot (two or three times per hour) when I start debugging.
Both in Windows 7 and 10 (I’ve not checked it in Windows 8). So it is not related with Windows 10, just with Windows.[/quote]

A bug report would be appreciated, even if you can’t fully narrow it down. Windows crash dumps typically contain enough information to fill in the gaps.

Hi,
my Problem is solved now.
Upgrading Windows 10 generate a new configuration of mein Bitdefender with a new modul Ransomware. This caused the Problem.
After new Installation of Xojo bitdefender opend a message box. After allowing the communcation with Xojo the save process ist without Problems…
Thank you very much for your help, and a happy new year 2016 to all…
Achim

In general, how might one use a .dmp file to figure out in which function a Windows Xojo application crashed?