64bit XojoScript?

Is there a timeframe when we can expect XojoScript to work in a 64bit build? As far as I can see this is the last element missing for me, in order to make the switch.

Of course they won’t tell you anything. Just ‘in a future release’. I would expect 2016 R1 but that’s just an educated guess.

If the same guys write the 64-bit debugger and the XojoScript, they have to make priorities.

But eventually it will come as they need it themselves for build automation including building the IDE with itself.

Right, to make the IDE 64 bit XojoScript will have to be 64 bit. So it will happen at some point.

I feel your anticipation, Oliver. I’m waiting for some updates on the new framework, among other things. They’ve done so much, so quickly… that if they keep this pace up, it shouldn’t be too long a wait. Hang in there…

Any word on when XojoScript will be able to compile for 64bit?

Bob’s prescient :stuck_out_tongue:

in a future release

Well, maybe they do it now and present it at XDC?

Dave, you should come to Houston!

Is there any update as to when 64bit builds will get XojoScript?
Not sure if I missed an announcement about this or if I forgot(?)

This year :slight_smile:
I think it should’ve first quarter if I remember the keynote correctly.

But you never know how many months they need the quarter to have or wether r1 ships with a version without a critical bug.

Nothing official that I’m aware of. You’ve heard this drill before.

We know they are aiming to get the IDE 64 bit soon so to do that XojoScript has to be 64-bit. When will that happen? You’ll find out as soon as it hit beta.

[quote=310457:@Brock Nash]Is there any update as to when 64bit builds will get XojoScript?
Not sure if I missed an announcement about this or if I forgot(?)[/quote]

http://blog.xojo.com/2016/10/11/xdc-2016-recap/