Xojo on the Come-Up

Over the past couple of months, Xojo.com’s Alex Rank has been improving. Here is a chart from my Rank-O-Matic app:

The upswing began before Raspberry Pi support was released, so that wasn’t the cause, though it may certainly be contributing now. I have been seeing a lot of Xojo ads in my browser recently, so the additional traffic might be purchased. Nevertheless, Xojo.com has recently climbed two ranks on my league table, besting Kivy and Alpha Five. So, congratulations are in order.

Matt, I do not understand your chart.

Why is it that numbers are growing downward ?

As I read it, the number went from 150,000 in 20150815 down to a bit over 130,000 on 20151123. Not up…

[quote=231894:@Michel Bujardet]Matt, I do not understand your chart.

Why is it that numbers are growing downward ?

As I read it, the number went from 150,000 in 20150815 down to a bit over 130,000 on 20151123. Not up…[/quote]
It’s a ranking. Lower the number, higher the ranking.

Alright. Thank you.

Google’s Alexa Rank is 1, and Twitter’s is 9. So, Jack Dorsey wants to see his Alexa Rank go lower. You can easily see the Alexa Rank of any site that you go to with a plugin. For example, in Firefox, I use the Alexa Sparky extension. And I think it needs the Status-4-Evar extension too. Then it will show the rank in the lower-right corner.

See https://www.quora.com/Does-Alexa-ranking-really-matter-and-is-it-trustworthy

Well, I’ve been monitoring my website’s Alexa Rank for many years, and it is indeed pretty accurate, if not perfect.

Matt that is a really awesome app you wrote–I totally have to save up for it now :slight_smile: