RE: Toolbar Editor in 2015R3

How is the Toolbar editor invoked? For the life of me I have not found a sweet-spot anywhere to click that brings up this editor that is described in Section 14 Toolbars of the XojoUserGuide.

Other threads dealing with the Toolbar seem to be a couple of years old, or older, and most of the examples that I have found are made with RealBasic.

Thank you all for assistance.

Kenneth James

Ah! I finally discovered the little icon that invokes the editor. No thanks to any documentation that I have scoured in the past 2 1/2 weeks since I started this adventure in Xojo. But I will not forget this!!! :slight_smile:

Kenneth James

Are-you talking about the button on the right of the TUX button ?

Book 2, Chapter 2, Section 14 covers toolbars for desktop projects. As it says “You create toolbars by adding them to your project using the Insert ? Toolbar command on the toolbar or menu.”

Web toolbars are covered in Book 2, Chapter 3, Section 3 and as it says “To add buttons to the toolbar, use the Set Default Value button on the Layout Editor toolbar, click the small pencil overlay or press Return when the control is selected to put the toolbar in Edit Mode.”

Note to all (especially to Kenneth and Paul):

I never used the embedded Toolbar Editor, and so I never saw / knew how to use it before thsi conversation started.

On the other hand, I do not say that it was easy or intuitive AND I just get an eye on it, I do not check the code it create: I only add some buttons, play with styles and icons and trashed the changes.

It was far more difficult (for me) to activate Xojo (at its release time) than doing just that.

After checking the documentation

Paul, can you add a screen shot of the ToolBar Editor four buttons ?
(Linux, OS X, Windows and the “Add an entry” or whatever is its name icons)

This will easy the understanding. Oh, keep the nice example on column 2.

Please.

3 years and still no answer (or none I can make sense of)…
Does a toolbar editor even exist?

No answer to what?

In what type of project are you unable to edit a toolbar?

“Where is the toolbar editor for an Xojo Desktop project?”

Double click it in the Library to add it to your project (or Insert>Toolbar)

If it doesn’t select it by default, find it in the left Nav and click it to open the editor, you can’t edit it by clicking the reference on or under the control, you have to find the Super. You can right click the instanced one on the window/control and click Edit Superclass to go straight there.

WOW… perhaps putting that in the LR might be a good idea… because that is so not intuitive.