iOS Facebook Login

There are some apps that use the Facebook App to login. I would like to implement that. According to the Facebook API I can build my own login flow. But that requires a webform of some sort.
But the app’s I’ve seen just switch to the facebook app, and return upon a successful login. Has anybody dealt with this before?

for 9 months, nobody replied.
Meaning, even xojo people doesn’t have the answer?

Yeah, growing a baby goes faster… :wink:

I think people don’t think it is needed, or just go with the website solution.

By the way, I see it being done with other apps as well. For instance, when I go to a webshop to buy something I have an option to pay through my online banking app. In Holland we have an online payment service called “iDeal”. It is very popular here. 99% of the webshops use it over here. The webshop has an option to switch to the bank app I have on my phone. Very handy.
It must be the same thing: just some URI that points to the app, instead of a server.

Facebook does have these URI’s: LINK

On stackoverflow there are some people that can point us Xojo developers into the right direction. I guess it takes some googling around to find answers. Otherwise we would be re-inventing the wheel.

Of course there is the Facebook SDK. But I have no clue how to get that running in Xojo. Must be done through declares I assume…

Sometimes, we need to integrate our xojo to something that is already known in the market.

This way, we can ride on their band wagon popularity.

Signing on via facebook is very convenient form of user interaction.

I hope somebody here provide some insights on how to utilize it.

https://developers.facebook.com/

It is not currently possible with Xojo unless you want to completely reconstruct the Facebook SDK with declares. Maybe it will be possible in the future if we ever have the ability to write plugins for iOS to include such SDKs, but if you have a pressing need you will need to use Xcode to complete your project with Facebook integration.

The only “easy-ish” solution would be to use Auth0

They have a free plan that includes up to 7000 users per month and two social identity providers.

Hi Jrmie,

Im your fans with your self produced 3rd party component.

Thanks for sharing Auth0.
I just registered a while ago from Auth0, but I didn’t see any xojo sample there. Maybe you could provide references on how to work with in using XOJO?

Hi Ronaldo,

I am currently studying the auth0 API.
It is complicated at first but hope to have a viable solution soon.

Hi jeremie,

Any update with this matter?

Yes and… No.

I was able to implement Facebook and Google oAuth login in my iOS app: https://appsto.re/i6hN5rs

But I ended up not using Auth0. It seems to be a good solution but if you have more than 7000 connections or want to use an external database it isn’t free anymore.

The solution I have connects directly to Facebook and Google but offers a similar experience to Auth0.
I’ll extract the classes and post them here tomorrow.

Great!

I wait for that.

[quote=291811:@JrmieLeroy]Yes and… No.

I was able to implement Facebook and Google oAuth login in my iOS app: https://appsto.re/i6hN5rs

But I ended up not using Auth0. It seems to be a good solution but if you have more than 7000 connections or want to use an external database it isn’t free anymore.

The solution I have connects directly to Facebook and Google but offers a similar experience to Auth0.
I’ll extract the classes and post them here tomorrow.[/quote]

Any news on the oauth classes?

I’ll see what I can do

A while ago I got oAuth for Facebook working using ChilKat.
Some example code can be found here

The plugin is free to try. And I must say, it is very useful. They have lots of classes that you get with a license. Even for FTP.

I think it’s worth to check it out.

[quote=314394:@Edwin van den Akker]A while ago I got oAuth for Facebook working using ChilKat.
Some example code can be found here

The plugin is free to try. And I must say, it is very useful. They have lots of classes that you get with a license. Even for FTP.

I think it’s worth to check it out.[/quote]

iOS please.