Build Fails...

While trying to port a few desktop apps I’ve developed over to the Pi, I’ve noted several say building, get as far as “Linking…” for a minute or two, then Xojo goes back to “non-run/build” state. No files are generated in the build folder that is created. No APIs are used in these applications, only native Xojo, non-platform specific code.

Any ideas how to get these failing builds to succeed?

Building from OS X or Windows?

Both

Can you post a project on a private Feedback? I’d like to look into it to see if its something we’ve already addressed for a future release…

**Just noted 64-bit builds on and for Windows, places some framework dll’s in the executable’s base directory instead of the Libs folder as well:

icudt54.dll
icuin54.dll
icuuc54.dll
msvcp120.dll
msvcr120.dll
XojoGUIFramework64.dll

The only framework files that made it to the libs folder are:
Appearance Pakx64.dll
GUIKitx64.dll
Internet Encodingsx64.dll
XMLx64.dll

Didn’t notice this in the beta candidate before r3 was released (and beta is no longer functional)

**Moving the DLL’s to the libs folder breaks the application

**Will post a feedback report.

about the DLL’s in the EXE Folder:
Find Here why: Why some dll s 64bit application are located in the application parent folder

[quote=224531:@RenLandscheidt]about the DLL’s in the EXE Folder:
Find Here why: Why some dll s 64bit application are located in the application parent folder[/quote]

ah ok :slight_smile:

**I’ve gone through the base xojo demos provided with Xojo and attempted to compile, about 2/3’s of the non-platform specific ones compile…NO XojoScript ones compile at all… so I guess the feedback request is to finish porting the framework to Pi? XojoScript is used in a POS software I developed for handling taxing/sales/etc…so I guess it’s not Pi ready without the XojoScript functionality :frowning:

You DID read the release note & the other 64 bit docs ?
XojoScript is mentioned quite specifically as not being 64 bit yet

[quote=224537:@Norman Palardy]You DID read the release note & the other 64 bit docs ?
XojoScript is mentioned quite specifically as not being 64 bit yet[/quote]
32-bit raspberry pi

Or more accurately, new LLVM-based targets do not yet support XojoScript.

ah ok…

I reviewed the full release notes over at
http://developer.xojo.com/2015r3-release-notes

and it only says:

40239-Compiler-The version of LLVM used by XojoScript is now LLVM 3.7.

about XojoScript.

I’ll wait it out :slight_smile: thanks guys!

You might also want to refer to the Raspberry Pi Overview document.

WHY IS THIS: : Why some dll s 64bit application are located in the application parent folder ???
I Cannot see that post and would like to know too.

[quote=420441:@David Moor]WHY IS THIS: : Why some dll s 64bit application are located in the application parent folder ???
I Cannot see that post and would like to know too.[/quote]
This is covered in the 64bitGuidelines.pdf documentation included in your Xojo install.

Because otherwise they are not found.
The ones in app folder are loaded by Windows when exe is loaded.
The other ones in Libs folder are loaded by the Xojo runtime later.

FYI, the PDF is no longer included started with 2018r4. You can find the latest information on the topic of 64-bit builds here:

https://documentation.xojo.com/topics/application_structure/coding_guidelines_for_64-bit_apps.html