Quicktime in App

Using Sam’s excellent App Wrapper, I just noticed that apps built using 2013 are flagged as containing calls to Quicktime and QTKit for many several of the dylibs.
(XML , Internetencodings,rbframework,appearancepak, and MBS Picture plugin)

I cant imagine what XML and internetencodings have to say to Quicktime, but since AppWrapper suggests ‘removing the calls to Quicktime orQTKit and recompile’, and these libraries look pretty core to Xojo, I was wondering what the deal is here.

Do later Xojo builds no longer call Quicktime?

[quote=217837:@Jeff Tullin]Using Sam’s excellent App Wrapper, I just noticed that apps built using 2013 are flagged as containing calls to Quicktime and QTKit for many several of the dylibs.
(XML , Internetencodings,rbframework,appearancepak, and MBS Picture plugin)

I cant imagine what XML and internetencodings have to say to Quicktime, but since AppWrapper suggests ‘removing the calls to Quicktime orQTKit and recompile’, and these libraries look pretty core to Xojo, I was wondering what the deal is here.

Do later Xojo builds no longer call Quicktime?[/quote]

If you do not plan to place your app in the MAS, you’re fine.

If you do plan to place your app in the MAS, it just so happened that at the end of 2013, Apple stopped accepting in the MAS apps that contained calls to QuickTime or QTKit. The forum then has been full of contributions about that quagmire from developers like me who could not get their apps published. Xojo scrambled to produce a QT free version, and since 2014R1, Xojo no longer uses QuickTime or QTKit.

You will need to upgrade if you want to get in the MAS…

That’s useful info, thank you.
I have 2014 but am still building in 2013 for the moment.
No wish to use the MAS store at this point…

(I had a brief panic recently when I testing how sandbox-aware I was, but accidentally left sandbox settings turned on in App Wrapper, and started shipping apps for a week which crashed as soon as the user tried to save or load. Was using MBS dialogs)

Do note that both QuickTime and QTkit are deprecated by Apple and will be rejected for the AppStore.
You need to use AVFoundation instead.

EDIT: sorry Michel already mentioned this here.

On a side note: QTKit doesn’t seem to run very well with El Capitan.