Header Buttons in Windows 10

All the apps written with RB and Xojo do a horrible job of the close button in Windows 10. Every other program on my computer turns the X button to red yet Xojo/RB applications just flicker between red - colourless as you move the mouse around the button. Just me or is this the same on all Windows 10 boxes?

What do you mean ? All apps, new and old, Xojo or not, even Modern API (formerly Metro) behave the same : as default there is only an X showing on the right of the window bar. When the mouse cursor gets over it, it becomes a red box, and back to grey, at least if the theme is the default for Windows 10. For instance with high contrast black the close box is black and it becomes blue when the mouse hovers.

I could not see any difference between other apps and Xojo made, or the IDE, itself made in Xojo.

No on my W10 the program window has a box for a button, a tab window has a red or grey X.

On my computer, if I enter that box and move my mouse around the box part of the time it’s grey and part of the time it’s red. Only happens on Xojo programs including Xojo itself. Any other app when the mouse is in that box it stays red.

[quote=204134:@Jym Morton]No on my W10 the program window has a box for a button, a tab window has a red or grey X.

On my computer, if I enter that box and move my mouse around the box part of the time it’s grey and part of the time it’s red. Only happens on Xojo programs including Xojo itself. Any other app when the mouse is in that box it stays red.[/quote]

I did not test with RB apps. It is possible they do what you describe.

Here, with Windows 10 build 10240, default theme, Xojo 2015R2.2, no difference with other apps. I can go around the X within the box without seeing a change in color.

Difficult to know what is going on, if you have the same configuration.

Here is an example of what I mean. The flicker box is Xojo, the non-flicker one is the screen video program. https://youtu.be/vSYbLc1cZiw

Same thing happens with all Xojo and RB applications on 3 computers I’ve just tested them on. Windows 10 Final

Edit: fixed the link

[quote=204138:@Jym Morton]Here is an example of what I mean. The flicker box is Xojo, the non-flicker one is the screen video program. https://youtu.be/vSYbLc1cZiw

Same thing happens with all Xojo and RB applications on 3 computers I’ve just tested them on. Windows 10 Final[/quote]

This movie is an excellent idea. I definitely do not see that here. My machine is an Intel Core i5 @ 3.4 Ghz with an NVidia GeForce GTX 750 graphic card.

Could it be a question of graphic card ? Or something else ?

Maybe other members of the forum have seen the same ?

Doubt very much that it’s the graphics card as that would mean 4 different graphics cards cause this effect. (I have 2 on this machine) Intel i7 @ 3.2 and NVidia GTX 960 (and the crap one that comes with the CPU) )

Hopefully other members will be able to reproduce this and get a clue on what is doing it.

Just tested on two fully updated non-VM systems running Windows 10 release and my apps all display the red X for the close no matter how much I move the mouse.

The red X or the red box? red X is different

The close box that the X is in.

What version of W10 are you using?

Release Pro 64bit on 7 systems (5 real, 2 VMWare).

Strange, I went to the MS store and all (4) of the computers they let me run an app on did the same thing as my computer. I wonder if there’s a different version in Canada then the US?

Windows 10 eh ?

Which version of Xojo did you build the app using? I just tried one of ours built using 2013r3.3 on a Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9949 (before public betas) and things look normal.

Actually, the latest Xojo IDE’s run far better on my Windows 10 test systems than they did on Windows 8.1.

Windows 10a (or in Canadian “Windows 10 eh”) :stuck_out_tongue:

nm

Oh … THAT “eh”!

At this point that would be a valid hypothesis. Maybe Norman can test the flaring close box with 10 eh ?