Need Push Tabbed view from Table

Hi,

Home screen is Table View Menu.

Several of the menu items I would like a Tabbed screen. Is it possible to do this?

Or do they need to be Table Menu Also.

If I have to have another Menu is it possible to jump back to the home View which might be 3 or 4 views ago?

Thanks

I don’t think you can do this in Xojo, though somebody may reply that you can “fake” the tabs. Xcode supports multiple storyboards that (I think) allows this. Xojo does not yet do that.

Did we not have a declare to hide the tab bar somewhere ? Yes, here : https://forum.xojo.com/18176-controlling-tab-bar-visibility/0

I did not test the declares, but it is worth a try.

You could have a tab bar where the opening view hides it, and reinstates it just before pushto the other views…

I use the hideTabBar method from somebody on this forum in my own tab view app when I show a settings view and don’t want the user to tab away.

But I didn’t think it would work for the OP because it has to be called instead of PushTo; it is really doing a “show this new view without the tab bar”. I couldn’t see how the OP could hide the tab bar from the home screen using this method because he wouldn’t have anything to push from.

[quote=197765:@Jason Tait]I use the hideTabBar method from somebody on this forum in my own tab view app when I show a settings view and don’t want the user to tab away.

But I didn’t think it would work for the OP because it has to be called instead of PushTo; it is really doing a “show this new view without the tab bar”. I couldn’t see how the OP could hide the tab bar from the home screen using this method because he wouldn’t have anything to push from.[/quote]

He could PushTo a new instance of the main view in the Open event of it.

Definitely worth a try.

Thanks,

I am using the Segmented control and it is working fine. Just needed to think outside the view:)

Create a new screen with the needed views (split or tab or split and tab) (for example screen1)
Instead of
dim w as new myView
self.pushTo w

use
dim w as new Screen1

Be careful that the original screen will never closed, so it will retain all the resources it used.