XDC2015 Open Conversation - Day 3

It’s day 3 of the XDC here in Austin. Coming up today are sessions on reporting, protection you software from thieves, design patterns, and making games, among other interesting topics.

I’ll be giving a session on data serialization and JSON later in the day, followed by the feedback session and the XojoWars code battle.

Hard to believe it’s the last day…

I know, it goes by so quickly! My daughter made a cake last night, I almost brought you a piece Kem! I know you have a sweet tooth :slight_smile: But we do have an ice cream bar this afternoon! Let’s have a great last day!

I have no idea where you got the impression that I have a sweet tooth. Man, eat a few dozen cookies and you get a reputation, I guess.

Sitting in on @jim mckay 's Obj-C session now. @Bob Keeney is talking about reporting tools in the other room.

Hmm, sounds like a choir just broke out outside. It sounds nice, but a little distracting.

a choir just broke out here too… very distracting… OH wait… that is my two basset hounds baying for breakfast :slight_smile:

Apparently a singer downstairs. It’s over now, but boy did it make it hard to hear.

Wow, time definitely flies - Your daughter’s old enough to be baking cakes???

She is FIVE! How crazy is that?! And I have a 9 week old baby too now!

Paul is doing his “making games” presentation, which is basically my graphics presentation, but a lot cooler.

While he does that, I snuck out to get ready for my session. And have the ice cream they just served by reception. But mostly the session thing.

there wasn’t enough ice cream… should ordered double what we got.

Sorry Scott, several people got thirds and fourths and fifths… :slight_smile: It was actually set for 100.

Who’s participating in the code competition? I’m excited to watch that!

it isn’t a big deal. people just went for the yummy…

Kem “JSON” Tekinay is now doing his Serialization session. Impressive stuff.

Nobody threw tomatoes, so that was a win.

Geoff is entertaining end-of-conference questions and comments now. Hard to believe it’s over.

The code competition is up next.

Geoff is throwing out ideas for the next location. Ideas so far:

• San Antonio
  • Denver
  • New Orleans

Audience ideas:

• Atlanta
  • Seattle
  • Detroit (not going to happen, it sounds)

[quote=184088:@Kem Tekinay]Geoff is throwing out ideas for the next location. Ideas so far:

• San Antonio
  • Denver
  • New Orleans

Audience ideas:

• Atlanta
  • Seattle
  • Detroit (not going to happen, it sounds)[/quote]
    New Orleans or Atlanta are reasonably easy to get to for Europeans.