LibICU 64bits not work in Centos

I install lib libicu 4.2 on my server dedicate and my app not work!!

I had to return to my old compilation with version 2015 r1

<https://xojo.com/issue/1464>

Again: I recommend to add this Feedback case to one’s list of “My Top Cases” in order to make it more prominent.

Maybe Xojo engineers will start to understand that saving space is not the real issue, but simple distribution and installation of webapps is what is needed.

You need to install the 32 bit version of libicu. What distribution/version are you using?

Centos, Package libicu-4.2.1-9.1.el6_2.x86_64 and display error:

Runtime Error
Please report what caused this error along with the information below.
RuntimeCore/ICUStable.cpp: 70
Failure Condition: sLibraryPtr
Could not load ICU library
Aborted

You need to install the 32 bit version of ICU. It should be something like this:

sudo yum install libicu.i686

If that’s not correct for your distribution, do a ‘yum list libicu*’ and install the correct libicu.i386 or i686 version for your distro.

[quote=181481:@Travis Hill]You need to install the 32 bit version of ICU. It should be something like this:

sudo yum install libicu.i686

If that’s not correct for your distribution, do a ‘yum list libicu*’ and install the correct libicu.i386 or i686 version for your distro.[/quote]

How many times have you been writing such thing now, during the last few days only? And you still think that your decision was a good one, which requires respect?!

Getting a Xojo web app up and running on a web server was already a no-go for Wordpress type of users. But now it is getting ridiculous . Just that.

How do you want to sell something which is so difficult to get installed?

We also had many support calls and feedback about requiring a copy of ICU along with every application rather than just one at the system level. Most of the library installation issues go away when we support 64-bit and installing the required libraries can all be done in a single easy line (and no worries about 32 bit support :i386 or .i686 extensions required). But your feedback is also noted, a decision either way is never going to make everyone happy.

So let’s hope for the best

Travis Hill
Thanks Yes, I resolve with sudo yum install libicu.i686 in distro Centos 7 64Bits, works perfect, into instance micro of AWS is very fast

Just chiming in, I just stood up a distro of centos 7.1 deploying a 64 bit Xojo app, and I had to…
yum install libicu.x86_64
… after that worked like a champ.