App Wrapper 3.3 released today - App Wrapper Mini users can upgrade for 50% off.

What’s new

Added:
• Added a UTI control option, either Merge, Replace or Disable for controlling App Wrapper’s UTI handling.
• Added code to deal with app icon names not ending with .icns

Improved:
• UTI merging process, now replaces existing UTIs (avoiding duplicates) and removes entries without a identifier.
• Support for OS X 10.10.3.
• Purchase dialog is larger, to accommodate the visual changes from Paddle.com.
• Removed a lot of redundant logging.

Bug Fix:
• Fixed an error when scanning an application, which has a broken bundle.
• Fixed an error with Help folders that are simply called “Help”.
• Fixed an issue with Container-Migration, so that it works again.
• Fixed an issue where UTIs could contain NIL reference URLS.

Use “Check for Updates” within App Wrapper or download from our site. http://www.ohanaware.com/appwrapper/appWrapper3.zip

App Wrapper Mini Customers

Please visit the following page and follow the instructions.
http://www.ohanaware.com/appwrapper/upgrade.html

Great! Killer app at a reasonable price, one of the best Xojo-related purchases I have made in 5 years of using RB/Xojo.

Just launched App Wrapper, and it offered to update. Neat :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Update went fine, but when i wrap my app, i still get a “Potential Issue” in the Wrap Dialog:

Is this something, i did wrong in my setup or is it something App Wrapper does?

Michael

Just add CFBundleGetInfoString from the CORE Group and leave it empty :wink:

Thanks Sascha,

this works.

I have been using a lot App Wrapper Mini simply because I am lazy. Since it is a build script, once it is set up I have nothing to do after I build, everything is done for me.

App Wrapper requires that extra step of dropping the app into it.

I vaguely remember reading something about automating App Wrapper so it does it’s magic upon build. Was it a wishfull dream or is it actually possible ?

It’s actually possible, and quite easy :slight_smile:
Click the button that says Xojo Script in the top right corner of the window, and drag the file that appears on the popup to the Xojo IDE. It becomes a build step, and just move it to the proper place in the Mac OS build.

That was one of the goals with App Wrapper 3 is to have the convenience of Mini for debugging, yet the full engine when building. All controlled from one interface.

[quote=176873:@Tim Parnell]It’s actually possible, and quite easy :slight_smile:
Click the button that says Xojo Script in the top right corner of the window, and drag the file that appears on the popup to the Xojo IDE. It becomes a build step, and just move it to the proper place in the Mac OS build.[/quote]

I should probably read the manual more often :wink:

Thank you Tim.