Feedback 2015r1 is now available

[h]Feedback 2015r1 is now available[/h]

We have released a new version of our Feedback bug reporting system.

Highlights:

• Completely overhauled update mechanism (going forward)
  • Better installation experience on Windows 10
  • Smaller binary size on Windows and Linux
  • Clicking case status allows users to request a case status change
  • New text formatting buttons for case notes
  • Updated SSL protocol to use TLSv1

If your version does not update automatically the next time you launch, please download it from our website.

Built with Xojo 2014r3.2 ? :slight_smile:

Yes. 2015r1 was released very late in the Feedback 2015r1 development cycle and it was decided that changing IDEs was not prudent.

@Greg O’Lone Installation on Windows 8.1 works fine! Seems to work faster.

It should be. Lots of improvement in that area.

On both my Macs automatic update failed, updater asked to start installation manually but the dmg file fails to mount due to “resource busy” error.
Had to download it from Xojo website.

oh… by the way… i’m an italian guy so when i sense my english is not good enough i search help in Google Translate… actually here’s the suggestion i got from it for “Had to download it from Xojo website.”

We’re aware of the auto-updater problem from the previous version. We replaced it with a new updater which will get enhanced further in the next version.

Can you change the dmg file name so FireFox will ot dosnwload “Feedback(1).dmg and users will know what file is the latest without seeking the download dates and prey ?

Thanks.

Is no more a problem.

I downloaded Feedback 2015r1 that told me about a 2015r1.1 version, download it, install it, run it fine.

[quote=172223:@Emile Schwarz]Can you change the dmg file name so FireFox will ot dosnwload “Feedback(1).dmg and users will know what file is the latest without seeking the download dates and prey ?

Thanks.[/quote]
The feedback dmg was renamed because you already had another version in your downloads folder. At the moment the name of the dmg is required because of some process automation, but we’ll try to fix it in the future.

On my computer at work (Windows 7, 64Bit) i get a Dialog saying “Feedback 2015r1.1 Release Notes”.

1. [Download]: A ProgressBar is updating. Then nothing happens.
  2. [Download]: A ProgressBar is updating. Then nothing happens.
  3. so i [Quit]

Downloading Feedback from Xojo’s Website results in the same.
Maybe Feedback 2015r1.1 for Windows isn’t available? So the “Update” downloads again 2015r1, which tries to update to itself again?

I have a similar issue: The same dialog screen is displayed upon launch of Feedback, except [Download] does not do anything at all. Sometimes a “an application stopped working” dialog is displayed underneath the release notes dialog, but not always. At least, Quit does work…

Win 8.1 64 bit.

I had update problems on Mac as well as Windows 7. Did it manually and got it working.

We have updated the version on the website. You can download Feedback 2015r1.1 directly fro m the website now.

Again this version 2015r1.1 installed without a problem on Windows 8.1. Right from the old version (2015r1) the update was done and the program works fine.

However, 1 suggestion, could you add to the final screen (installation ready) an option to start the program right after the installation?

Re-installed Feedback from the website. All appears to be OK now.

[quote=172171:@Matteo Lovatti]oh… by the way… i’m an italian guy so when i sense my english is not good enough i search help in Google Translate… actually here’s the suggestion i got from it for “Had to download it from Xojo website.”

[/quote]

Google is our collective memory. No one should ever forget where everything started … in Austin TX with Real Basic.

I thought it started with CrossBasic from Andrew Barry?

Crossbasic -> REALbasic -> Real Studio -> Xojo