PrintSetup issue on Linux

Hi to all,
I’ve a problem with Xojo.

I’m making a program and I need to print a file without showing the PrintSetup every time.
The problem is that the PrintSetup doesn’t return the Print settings (On Windows it return the string, on Linux no).

Do you know if there is a class that can resolve my issue, or do you know a way to fix it?

Thanks to all!

[quote=167358:@Stefano Basile]Hi to all,
I’ve a problem with Xojo.

I’m making a program and I need to print a file without showing the PrintSetup every time.
The problem is that the PrintSetup doesn’t return the Print settings (On Windows it return the string, on Linux no).

Do you know if there is a class that can resolve my issue, or do you know a way to fix it?![/quote]

You may want to shell to lpr http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_lpr.htm

This is one of the first reasons why I am still not moving to XOJO. You simply cannot create professional software without proper printer support. I had an intense correspondence with RS in early 2013 and proposed that I would purchase a professional license if they would enable the SetupString for Linux. They were not prepared to do that but they offered me a discount instead.

In the end I decided to move to Object Pascal using Lazarus. Printer support is superb there. I really didn’t have a choice as I needed a cross-platform RAD system with 100% support for the Linux platform.