iTunes Connect: Your app has one or more issues

I uploaded yesterday my first app to the App Store.

Received this :

Hope nothing goes wrong during review…

Feb 1 is lurking around the corner :wink:

The current betas have support for building 64-bit applications and we’ve verified that they pass the app store review process.

I don’t seem to be a Beta-tester any more though :confused:

Me neither, I assume they’ve done a purge of people who don’t have Pro or iOS licenses? Seems fair enough to me because, although it would be a bad idea as well as immoral, we could build iOS apps if they kept giving us iOS beta licenses.

For my part, when I see 64-bit compilation is released, I’ll be buying an iOS license or a Pro license, haven’t decided which yet.

Yepp, that’s why. I just didn’t think about that as my license expired a long while ago :slight_smile:
It was great while it lasted.

We too will be renewing our Pro license…some time this year probably :slight_smile:

I would hold off until you stop having to use declares for nearly everything useful.

Probably one more year or so… The alternative being to use XCode or some other language. But then, no way to reuse code…

Thats said, not everybody needs or want iOS. And as of now we have no idea when 64 bit will be effective for Linux, Mac and Windows.

I’ve been using Xcode (and Project Builder before that) for years, since the launch of the App Store, with both Objective-C and now Swift. And I agree, I need declares for almost every useful app with Xojo iOS. I was very sceptical about it during the Alpha and also when it went to 1.0. But I’ve since found a couple of uses for Xojo iOS where it actually excels as a RAD tool and I’d really love for Xojo Inc to quickly add controls and fill out its capabilities so I could do most of my work with it instead of Xcode. I still have an active desktop license that I’ve gotten a tonne of value out of, so I might either upgrade it to Pro or just add an iOS license.

Xojo iOS is terribly limited compared to XCode, which I personally appreciate with Swift (used to loathe it fiercely with OC). But for all it’s limitations, Xojo iOS is still a fast and friendly RAD which can reuse my code, and won’t bite me left and right with cryptic error messages. So I can get the job done fairly rapidly.

XCode is a perfect illustration of the paradox of choice : it does everything, so you have to memorize the Encyclopedia Britannica to event start considering having anything done.

For all the declares needed, too, one has to be fair and recognize that thanks to Jason King, Ulrich Bogun, Jim McKay, Stephen J. Beardslee and others, a lot has been done in that respect. Plus the similarities between OS X and iOS are such that a great deal of things in MacOSLib can be adapted fairly easily.

Nonetheless, I can’t wait to see iOS get a bit more adult, with more controls and sorely needed features like In App Purchase or printing to name a few that will force me to go Swift until they come.

Well that really means that ALL non Pro users REALLY have no reason to keep current if they don’t need the new features. There were times I stayed current JUST to have beta access…

BTW They could just disable building iOS for non pro or iOS beta testers.

Since my license is valid until Feb 2020 though I can’t say I won’t renew because of it… :wink:

BTW IMO they really need ALL types of customers in the beta program, but as they want to use it as sales tool they won’t.

I’ll miss it, as i was in it for over a decade … but not enough to pay for iOS and Web which I have no use for. BTW it was a significant part of what helped keep me into RB/RS/Xojo.

Oh well.

• Karen

It would defeat the purpose of beta testing for iOS. It is necessary to build to execute the app on the ARM architecture of the device. I don’t think Xojo is that petty. Rather, they had signed up all participants at XDC as iOS beta testers, and since the product has now reached market, it would not make sense. Besides, IMHO, the criterion of having attended XDC for making people iOS beta testers was not terribly bright. As the iOS forum now clearly demonstrate, the people most interested in iOS, the most active and those who bring the most contributions like declares and code snippets, for the most part did not attend XDC. It would make sense that the people most directly interested in a platform be co-opted, or called for participation, rather than to have a cohort of people who don’t give a damn exhibit an “iOS beta tester” badge and do strictly nothing.

I spotted a few alpha and beta testers who apparently are no pro licensee. It seems there is some co-optation allowed for beta programs. Or maybe a remnant of the older beta tester crowd from the olden days, when people really motivated were welcome to beta test. I should think that your competence would be a precious asset as a beta tester for Xojo. Now who should somebody who wants to benevolently become beta tester contact ? Joe Ranieri ? Norman Palardy ? Greg O’LOne ? Paul Lefebvre ? Travis Hill ? Do they really accept non pro licenses anymore ? Customer service is no good, all they will do is try to get you to buy a Pro license.

So Xojo is now only iOS?

I was not at the last conference.

I have been using Xojo for almost 14 years and was in the program most of that time and have a license valid for another 5 years. Being in the program really was something that kept my enthusiasm for the product up.

They have been doing a lot of things i have not been happy with lately. This is one more… At this point is seems only those willing and able to shell out $700/year matter… I can’t afford to do that so I don’t matter. I have been getting that message loud and clear.

I also enjoyed being in the beta program, and didn’t realize I was no longer a tester until this thread. I wasn’t the biggest help among the bunch in finding bugs (my software doesn’t use anything too out of the ordinary), but like Karen, it kept my enthusiasm up. It certainly would have been nice to get some sort of “thanks, but no thanks anymore” email rather than just dumping me out without telling me.

Besides being dumped, the way it was done certainly leaves a bad taste in one’s mouth and emphasizes how much non-pro license holders are not appreciated, no matter his long they have been customers.

Some beta periods I am active, some I’m not, as I do have other responsibilities , like my day job and family. With the new framework coming out I also guess that being very familiar with old (current one) has less value to them as well.

It feels like a lot that engendered loyalty towards RB has been going away for awhile now, at least to me. Maybe it is just the company growing up and becoming more like other companies… which is a shame.

Oh. I thought I was the only one crossed out from the beta program. As I don’t have the Pro license, I knew it was temporary. I must admit I wasn’t that helpful with iOS, had some different things going on at the time.

Sorry for going OT, but how did you manage to do that?! :slight_smile: I thought renewing licenses does not add up?

[quote=162110:@Grzegorz Pawlik]
Sorry for going OT, but how did you manage to do that?! :slight_smile: I thought renewing licenses does not add up?[/quote]

I did it before the renewal price change.

[quote=162100:@Karen Atkocius]So Xojo is now only iOS?

I was not at the last conference.
[/quote]
Please do not treat me like an imbecile. I marked my respect for you,so you should at the least not use my words out of context to comfort your prejudice against iOS. May I remind you that this thread is in the iOS channel, and if you are offended by it, you can simply ignore that channel and not be unpleasant with other users who appreciate that platform.

I simply remarked that all participants at XDC were made iOS beta testers.

I am not prejudiced against iOS. I just have no personal use for it because the way Apple designed things, it can not be freely deployed like a desktop app can be. If it could be, I would be interested (though not until the iOS framework had significantly more functionality)

My point was just to emphasize to others that I was NOT added for the iOS testing and had been involved a long time. Not to slight you or imply you did not know that… I was/am angry but not at you.

The only reason I posted in this channel was this was where the removal of beta testers was pointed out (I had not yet noticed it) and was not bend discussed elsewhere AFAIK.

[quote=162131:@Karen Atkocius]I am not prejudiced against iOS. I just have no personal use for it because the way Apple designed things, it can not be freely deployed like a desktop app can be. If it could be, I would be interested (though not until the iOS framework had significantly more functionality)

My point was just to emphasize to others that I was NOT added for the iOS testing and had been involved a long time. Not to slight you or imply you did not know that… I was/am angry but not at you.

The only reason I posted in this channel was this was where the removal of beta testers was pointed out (I had not yet noticed it) and was not bend discussed elsewhere AFAIK.[/quote]

I have been using RB/RS/Xojo since late 2001, and have been a beta tester before I purchased a Pro license. In the olden days, it was possible to volunteer.

Last XDC, Xojo volunteered a lot of people who had absolutely no interest into iOS. Such a way to select alpha testers is not terribly bright (I have other words). A good beta tester must have an interest into what he or she is testing. Plus enough motivation to use feedback sensibly. What good is it to have alpha testers who sole competence is to have been to Vegas. How many of them have less interest for iOS as their first pimple ? It is a tremendous waste of competence not to ask people who manifested their interest for iOS to leave them behind. From what I saw when beta started, alpha must not have been terribly vibrant, with all that crowd of non motivated testers.

Making all Pro licensee beta testers is probably a way to have a contingent of people who do code a lot and can accurately report their findings. But professionals are not guaranteed to be good beta testers because lots of them have neither the time, the inclination or even the right to beta test.

The first motivation for a volunteer work such as beta testing is the interest in the product. And being a professional is not the prime requirement. Being competent is. A lot of people here like you are extremely competent in their specialty. Their insight could be valuable for Xojo. As I wrote, I think it should be made possible to volunteer. Now the ball is probably in Xojo’s field.