AutoDisable for WebToolbarButton and WebToolbarMenu

AutoDisable is a great new feature for WebButton. It would be nice to see it implemented for WebToolbarButton and WebToolbarMenu.

<https://xojo.com/issue/36865> Implement AutoDisable for WebToolbarButton and WebToolbarMenu

I agree, as I currently have to change the background colour of each toolbar item (to ‘off’ and one to ‘on’) after each click event to keep showing which one was chosen.

I do something similar and it’s too slow. The user has plenty of time to click the item multiple times during the first round-trip to and from the server.

For all you Web App developers that use the WebToolbar, please consider putting some points toward:

<https://xojo.com/issue/36865> Implement AutoDisable for WebToolbarButton and WebToolbarMenu

48 points assigned to the case…

It’s been nearly a year and the importance of this feature request hasn’t diminished a bit. If you also use WebToolbarButton and WebToolbarMenu then please consider allocating some points to and commenting on this Feedback case:

At first glance, it would seem possible to implement that through JavaScript, as a workaround. Not quite kosher, but doable.

Agreed. Hope to see Xojo implement it soon. Just got bumped to a rank of 89 in Feedback. :slight_smile:

Here is a JavaScript workaround that autodisables a webtoolbar button and menu.

This is not a definite fix, since it modifies the DOM and as such can break with future versions if Xojo changes the structure of the framework. Better than nothing, though, pending the elusive implementation of the FR.

Note that since JavaScript changes the enabled property without Xojo knowledge, reinstating the enabled requires disabling it first. See the code in buttons.

ToolbarAutoDisable.zip

I would not fear so much being bumped to 89. I have observed that the rank is not the only factor considered by Xojo engineers.

[quote=239221:@Michel Bujardet]Here is a JavaScript workaround that autodisables a webtoolbar button and menu.

This is not a definite fix, since it modifies the DOM and as such can break with future versions if Xojo changes the structure of the framework. Better than nothing, though, pending the elusive implementation of the FR.

Note that since JavaScript changes the enabled property without Xojo knowledge, reinstating the enabled requires disabling it first. See the code in buttons.[/quote]
Thanks Michel!

Understood but it is a positive influence. Perhaps one that will prompt implementation.

What I mean is that I have seen recently several fixes done that were not terribly high in the ranking. It seems engineers, and here Greg probably more than anybody else, is sensitive to the concerns of the community. The autoDisable seem to have come from that in the first place.

Apparently I misunderstood. So this is even better! My fingers and toes are crossed for additional good luck! :wink:

I’m not sure I’ve ever directly thanked you for your countless contributions to the Xojo community. Your ongoing effort is nearly as impressive as your expertise. Hope to see you at XDC this year!

I am starting to plan for XDC. If all goes well, I’ll see you there :slight_smile:

Just added it to my Top Case. It’s now at Rank 42.

This was never implemented?

Are there any option to AutoDisable a WebListBox on a CellClick ?