Corruption line

In my project I have a ContainerControl with a horizontal line at the top.
Various times when iI run the program the horizontal line is completely off.
It isn’t horizontal anymore.

When I look at the Inspector, it’s wrong too.
The Inspector is completely mixed up.

It should be.

Is this a known bug?

Yes, it is a known bug. Use a separator or a 1 px high rectangle instead.

I’ve seen it plenty of times and no longer use the line control - whether it’s this bug or trying to grab them and move them… just too annoying.

Amazingly enough, “Line” leads to no result in Feedback. That old and well known bug seems not to have been ever reported.

Maybe it is time. Anybody got a sample project with a line going awry ?

Yeah, actually it was reported … it has the distinction of being the very first bug I encountered after starting with Xojo.
link text

I’m like Gavin … gave up trying to use the line at all … using a rectangle with 1px or 2px width does the job without any of the “line” headaches.

[quote=154495:@Don Lyttle]Yeah, actually it was reported … it has the distinction of being the very first bug I encountered after starting with Xojo.
link text

I’m like Gavin … gave up trying to use the line at all … using a rectangle with 1px or 2px width does the job without any of the “line” headaches.[/quote]

OK. I found <https://xojo.com/issue/27420> reported back in June 2013 ! Apparently at the time it was about lines in containers.

I added this :

Lines misbehave not only in containers but when placed on a window as well.

The problem periodically rises again and again, and each time we all recommend using separators, 1 px wide or tall rectangles, or canvases.

Lately Corruption line - General - Xojo Programming Forum

I did not realize the bug had been reported as far back as June 2013. Would it not be simpler to remove the line entirely, if it decidedly cannot behave ?

Thanks for adding that clarification to the feedback report, Michel. I think that better characterizes the observed issue.

Thanks for the replies.
I’ve changed the lines into rectangles 1px high.
Works fine now.

Given the content of the thread at the time, I was surprised Manuel limited that to containers and nobody noticed.

I just regret nobody seems to have had the good idea to post a project that shows the line going crazy.

Vertical and horizontal can be replaced fairly easily, but at any angle, a working line would really be necessary. I wonder if reinstating by code x,y and x1,y1 would be a valid workaround.