iOS App with Xojo iBeacon

Hi all,
actally i’m planning to develop an app for iOS. I have the requirement to communicate and use iBeacons in this app.
Question : How can i do this with Xojo ?

Greetings
Henning

[quote=153579:@H. Bach]actally i’m planning to develop an app for iOS. I have the requirement to communicate and use iBeacons in this app.
Question : How can i do this with Xojo ?[/quote]

BlueTooth is not yet available. Unless you can declare into Core Bluetooth, you will need to wait until it is implemented in Xojo. Hopefully 2015 R1, but there are so many things already on request…

Apparently, there is no Feature Request filed for BlueTooth support. You may want to create one to insure your needs are taken into account.

Hi all.
Any update on this? has iBeacons (read: Bluetooth Low Energy, or even Bluetooth) been added into Xojo/iOS?
Thanks!

Sadly not.

I think the BLE must be implemented in Xojo. A lot of applications make use of this. It simply opens up many more possibilities.

Regards Amit

[quote=370908:@Amit Davjekar]I think the BLE must be implemented in Xojo. A lot of applications make use of this. It simply opens up many more possibilities.

Regards Amit[/quote]
I’m curious…

Do you need your device to BE a beacon (like a point of sale device in a store) or do you need your device to react to a beacon?

Hi all,
Any update on this? Has Bluetooth been implemented now?
Thanks!

Bluetooth is not in the framework, but it can be accessed through declares.

Hi Greg
I am just starting to get my head around declares. Can you point to any examples where Bluetooth can be set up using declares?
I have an app in mind that could use this functionality
Thanks
Phil

[quote=424442:@Philip Cumpston]Hi Greg
I am just starting to get my head around declares. Can you point to any examples where Bluetooth can be set up using declares?
I have an app in mind that could use this functionality
Thanks
Phil[/quote]
I’ll ask the same question I asked before…

Do you need your device to BE a beacon (like a point of sale device in a store) or do you need your device to react to a beacon?

Hi
I want to be able to suck data out of a monitor that has a RS232 port connected to a bluetooth transmitter. My device would react to the bluetooth signal and interpret the data.
Thanks