Xojo On-Off control

The On-Off control used in the inspector pane in Xojo ia pretty nifty:

I can think of places where I could use this. Is it available for our own projects?

Not at this time, but it is just a Canvas so you could create a replica yourself.

This is the most hideous control I have ever seen. Who at Xojo thought this was a good replacement for a checkbox? It eats up valuable screen real estate like nobody’s business.

I find it kind of endearing how much, with only three posts, this thread has become representative of mostly anything related to new versions.

Thanks. I was afraid you would say this :slight_smile:

I hope you will make this available at sometime soon, and I’ll take a crack a designing something in the meantime if I can find the time. There are use cases where this particular control is more intuitive due to its appearance as well as the how it is manipulated than a checkbox would be. The control panel of an app that controls a piece of hardware would be a good example. It also gives a better visual indication of the state when viewed from a distance away.

DaveS (on the old forum, here he’s @Dave S ) had a post with some nice examples on the old forums:
http://forums.realsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42431&hilit=+ios*

I haven’t tried them, but they look great.

Thanks for posting this. Yes they look nice. They don’t slide like the ones in Xojo, but rather just toggle between the two states, but this would certainly be a good alternative until I have my own (or Xojo shares theirs).

Thanks to all.