JPG to PDF

I have about 70 jpg files which are scans of the pages of a document (ie. one JPG per document page)
How can I (using Xojo or something else [OSX]) conver these BACK to a single PDF document?

I have to provide this to my attorney , and this is the only way they can/will accept it

[quote=139713:@Dave S]I have about 70 jpg files which are scans of the pages of a document (ie. one JPG per document page)
How can I (using Xojo or something else [OSX]) conver these BACK to a single PDF document?

I have to provide this to my attorney , and this is the only way they can/will accept it[/quote]

Drag them one after the other into a Pages document and print to PDF ?

Hmmmmm. I;ll try that :slight_smile:

if you like to code, we have a DynaPDF plugin.
(and for Mac only PDFKit classes)

The ImageMagick command line tool allows you to do this. Maybe look into that? (It should definitely be simpler than adding everything into Pages.

Dave, do you have GraphicConverter? If so, launch it and choose “Print Folder…” from the file menu. In the dialog that appears choose the folder containing the photos that are to go into the PDF and click the Open button on the dialog. This will bring up the Graphicconverter Print dialog. Choose “Save as PDF…” from the PDF popup in the lower left of the Print Dialog. When the sheet window appears give a name for the PDF file and where you want it saved. Click the Save button and a little save window appears counting the photos being placed into the PDF. The only trick is that you want a folder that contains just the pictures to go into the PDF.

GraphicConverter is a truly amazing application with tons of capabilities that people just don’t know about if they have never read the manual that was written about the app.

select all the jpegs
open them on OS X (they should all show up in preview at once)
Print to PDF

not sure if you can recorder them in preview when you do this

You can use Automator, unzip and open with Automator
ImageToPDF

Then, when you have a bunch of PDF files you can join them all together in Preview (drag + drop!)

Thanks for all the suggestions…

Yes you can !

I already do that with jpd files → one large pdf. I even added a flyleaf to it.

You have to show the “view by thumbnails” (or so): click in the window’s leftmost popup button to active that.

To active that: you can then move to top / bottom / whatever, but you can also export to desktop / import from desktop…

Preview is a very poxerful application even if it have bad “new” features recently (Mavericks / Yosemite).

I used Preview to build panoramas until someone told me about M.I.C.E. (Microsoft Image Composite Editor) on Windows: it does the job faster than I do !

Here comes the spammer with his big boots, stupid enough not to read the thread :confused:

well I suppose you’re on a mac, Dave
so the best utility ( and free ) so far for this job is iCombiner.
http://download.cnet.com/iCombiner/3000-2094_4-11383118.html
made for this job only.

Uh… this post is over TWO years old… the only reason it was reactivated was because of some spammer… but thanks