Yosemite

Just wanted to mention, that with Yosemite, a new design paradigm seems to be to have the Close, Minimize and Full icons on the same line as the top Toolbar. Safari for example does this.

Anyway to support that in XOJO?

I don’t have Yosemite beta to test but I think it’ll be as easy as a declare to set titleVisibility = Hidden

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24023000/how-can-i-create-yosemite-style-unified-toolbar-in-interface-builder

Please do not discuss the BETA O/S in a public forum. Apple (or anyone else) get very ugly when their BETA is talked about in the public.

I am not trying to be a jerk, just trying to prevent lots of drama.

@Scott: your information is old. The beta is now public.

You probably are going to need declares or MBS plugins (Christian?)

it is not open to the public. [quote=@Apple Developer Site]You must be enrolled in the Mac Developer Program to access the development resources for OS X Yosemite Developer Preview. [/quote]

and part of signing up for that program is signing NDAs for stuff that is not released to the general public.

at some point in the future the O/S will be released to the public and we can discuss all day long.

Always find this scramble to ‘make my app look like their app’ , amusing and frustrating in equal measure.
Even Apple ships apps that look nothing like each other.

Presumably this new style will only be of use for non-document-related apps.

Yosemite is in beta. We’ll have plugins for it, when it’s released.

[quote=106058:@scott boss]Please do not discuss the BETA O/S in a public forum. Apple (or anyone else) get very ugly when their BETA is talked about in the public.

I am not trying to be a jerk, just trying to prevent lots of drama.[/quote]
Actually, while I would normally agree with you on this, things have changed this year. Apple has eased restrictions this year and we are allowed to discuss anything that was covered at WWDC.

It is still forbidden to post screenshots/movies of unreleased stuff. But we are free to discuss Yosemite, iOS 8 and the new developer tools like Swift.

From the NDA:
“Apple Confidential Information will not include: (i) information that is generally and legitimately available to the public through no fault or breach of Yours, (ii) information that is generally made available to the public by Apple,
(iii) information that is independently developed by You without the use of any Apple Confidential Information, (iv) information that was rightfully obtained from a third party who had the right to transfer or disclose it to You without limitation, or (v) any FOSS included in the Apple Software and accompanied by licensing terms that do not impose confidentiality obligations on the use or disclosure of such FOSS. Further, Apple agrees that You will not be bound by the foregoing confidentiality terms with regard to technical information about pre-release Apple Software and services disclosed by Apple at WWDC (Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference), except that You may not post screen shots, write public reviews or redistribute any pre-release Apple Software or services.

All part of the new Apple, folks!

Because I don’t what the official forum policy towards the Yosemite developer preview is, let me be very careful how I phrase this :wink:

Hypothetically, if someone were to be using the Yosemite developer preview, and wanted a bit of help in running a test app to check a problem that he or she had encountered, would anyone here be willing to give two minutes of their time to run such a test? If so, I’m sure that such a conversation could be taken off the forum to avoid breaching any rules…

It seems ridiculous to me that we should no be allowed to discuss any issues regarding apps produced with Xojo, running on a forthcoming operating system. Do you want to look at any problems only once it has been released? Really?

This information is publicly available from Apple. Is there a problem in someone reporting if titleVisibility works with Xojo or not?

In the past, there’s nothing to stop you discussing beta version at all… Just only in Apple’s ‘Beta’ forum, not public forums.

[quote=106006:@Charles Guerin]a new design paradigm seems to be to have the Close, Minimize and Full icons on the same line as the top Toolbar. Safari for example does this.
Anyway to support that in XOJO?[/quote]

It is not so much a new paradigm : the AppStore app has been using it since at least Lion (haven’t checked with SL).

If you want to place controls in the window top bar, or add a canvas to create your own toolbar, there is a method posted in the following thread : https://forum.xojo.com/10914-black-windows

Check Jim McKay’s postings of different projects of color windows. His method of using a canvas overlay works for normal windows as well.

Please note that this is in no way related to Yosemite, as it was discussed much before that system version was released.

not really but when I login to Apple’s site with a non-paying account, they tell me that I cant see the info unless I sign up for their paid system and sign the NDAs. Now on the paid account I can see all the docs.

Apple has said that you can discuss the DPs with other developers on their site so they can control access to the DP information.

I am not going to ■■■■ off Apple as they take this stuff seriously.

Scott, did you not see my post above?

Look, in the past, whenever the rest of the world has been openly discussing forthcoming Apple releases, I’ve always strictly adhered to Apple’s NDAs. But this time, realizing the reality of the situation, Apple are specifically saying that developers are not “bound by the foregoing confidentiality terms with regard to technical information about pre-release Apple Software and services disclosed by Apple at WWDC”. The rest of the planet is now discussing Yosemite and iOS 8, please don’t cause unnecessary concern here.

Apple Has (Partly) Lifted the NDA for Beta Releases

quoted by the well informed John Gruber Daring Fireball
and Jim Dalrymple loopinsight
also
The Mac Observer for example

This was openly and unmistakeable lifted for this year’s betas.

Before that, discussing stuff appearing in the keynote was OK (since it was public, obviously), but not the technical details or anything available only in the video sessions.

FYI:
The current Developer preview 2 is for Mac developers only but can be discussed anywhere.
Apple will also release a public beta (when you file a request) in august 2014

[quote]scott boss Please do not discuss the BETA O/S in a public forum. Apple (or anyone else) get very ugly when their BETA is talked about in the public.

I am not trying to be a !@#$%, just trying to prevent lots of drama.[/quote]

Sorry, you are nobody to say what can and what can not be discussed here, is one of the administrators deem it improper XOJO they can block the thread but you will not stop me from discussing whatever friend!