Pet peeves

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

Dave S

25 Nov 2014 San Diego, California USA

Southern California is nice all year. That said, they have NO volcanoes, NO venomous snakes and NO spiders. Ok the occasional Earthquake... but hey they are here and gone in 15 seconds.... :)

3. Tim P

25 Nov 2014 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

When your built in SD reader thinks every card is read only...?
    (anybody have ideas?)

4. Norman P

25 Nov 2014 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...

When you live so far out of town that no one will deliver pizza, chinese food, UPS won't come out here nor will FedEx or Purolator.

The upside is no door bangers, politicians going door to door & its good for my waist line :P

5. Norman P

25 Nov 2014 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...
    Edited 5 years ago

@Dave S Southern California is nice all year.

NOT having seasons :P

EDIT : "Dry" , "Fire" and "Hot" are not seasons

6. Jeff T

26 Nov 2014 Pre-Release Testers Midlands of England, Europe

When your built in SD reader thinks every card is read only...?
    (anybody have ideas?)

SD Card formatted as NTFS and used in a Mac?

And on the same note:
    When your 64Gb SD Card with important stuff on it suddenly doesn't even appear as a drive in anything you shove it into.. :(

7. Mike C

26 Nov 2014 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro North Carolina (USA)

waking up at 2:00am and not being able to fall back asleep

8. Tim - have you checked that it is not read only :) :)

9. Tim P

26 Nov 2014 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

@Richard S Tim - have you checked that it is not read only :) :)

It's all cards. I had to use a different computer to transfer files because of this issue.

Not being able to sleep at night.

10. Norman P

26 Nov 2014 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...

waking up ????????
    That assumes you get to sleep in the first place

11. iTunes taking all day to download an album despite having a 30meg connection.

12. People who pretend they hate the Pet Peeves thread, and then post about how long it takes them to download albums :)

13. @Richard S People who pretend they hate the Pet Peeves thread, and then post about how long it takes them to download albums :)

ooo you rotter!

14. People who miss out apostrophes when entitling a post "Summers coming" (assuming an intended contraction and not a plural, of course).

15. People from an undisclosed country, who call me a rotter :(

16. Rich H

26 Nov 2014 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

@Richard S People from an undisclosed country, who call me a rotter :(

surely you do not mean this:

noun, Chiefly British Slang.
    a thoroughly bad, worthless, or objectionable person.

17. :(

18. Norman P

26 Nov 2014 Xojo Inc, Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Seeking work. npalardy@great-w...

its probably better than being called a rottie

19. Rottweilers are nice ;)

20. Norman P

I like em
    They just scare the heck out of lots of folks because they can be big and exuberant - and too many folks have no idea how to deal with a big exuberant dog so they put a prong collar on it :(

21. @Richard S People from an undisclosed country, who call me a rotter :(

Steady on, old fruit. Assumed one chap would recognise another chap from the way the chap speaks. if not, then there's something seriously wrong with my banta'.

(start at 2:40 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWPk9jrvqk )

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!