Pet peeves

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 weeks ago

Bill

Oct 26 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Longview Texas

tried in experiment with my now non-existent golf game. what is the optimum number of beers I can drink while playing golf where my game improves but just one more drink would cause it to start a decline. Never found out, after a few I just didn't care about it anymore....

3. Norman P

Oct 26 Xojo Inc

two rules I learned about golf

1. it takes all day
    2. you come home drunk

Sucks that around here its such an expensive drunk :P

4. Gavin S

Oct 26 Pre-Release Testers UK

Getting the feeling that I need to bump up the code editor font size again soon.

5. Mark C

Oct 26 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Spain 35510

threads about quotations

6. 3 weeks ago

Tim P

Oct 30 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro ⭐️

Workarounds for Translocation. If you have respect for your user and their files, this is literally not an issue.

7. @Eugene D I am trying to understand English, and it's my only language :)

Getting better at Englishing is just a matter of practice.

8. Jeff T

Oct 30 Midlands of England, Europe

The M1 motorway in England.

9. Tim P

Oct 31 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro ⭐️

Amazon Prime.

10. Bill

Oct 31 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Longview Texas

Telemarketers.

11. 2 weeks ago

Gavin S

Nov 8 Pre-Release Testers UK

Running a project and then instantly spotting some minor syntax error. Then, while cursing the world, waiting and watching the progress bar lurch towards the eventual failure.

12. Jeff T

Nov 8 Midlands of England, Europe

Running a project and then instantly spotting some minor syntax error.

'Cancel' buttons that don't do anything... :(

13. Eugene D

Nov 8 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Canada scispec.ca

Third party computer manufacturers that don’t update their drivers.

14. last week

Bill

Nov 15 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Longview Texas

Robocalls! Some days I get so many I want to hurt somebody. And yes, my number is on the do not call list. And it's useless to threaten decapitation to a recorded message.

15. David C

Nov 16 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Derby, ITM
    Edited last week

That ICANN forces you to provide an accurate address, email and phone number when you register a domain, leading to Robocalls, junk mail and junk email.

16. 7 days ago

Tim P

Nov 16 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro ⭐️

You can use a forwarding service to reduce the amount of nuisances. Dynadot even offers it free.

I'm more upset that there's a system in place that allows scumbags to just suck up the details from all new registrations. I believe that ICANN should have accurate details on file, but it also shouldn't be accessible by the general public.

17. Dale A

Nov 16 San Diego, California, USA

@BillPlunkett Robocalls! Some days I get so many I want to hurt somebody. And yes, my number is on the do not call list. And it's useless to threaten decapitation to a recorded message.

Remember, the telephone does not have a Constitutional right to be answered. Caller ID and answering machines are your friends.

18. Hal G

Nov 16 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Orlando, FL

@David C That ICANN forces you to provide an accurate address, email and phone number when you register a domain, leading to Robocalls, junk mail and junk email.

Set up a Google Voice Phone number so it acts like an answering machine. Best thing I've ever done! Now I don't even hear it ring. :)

19. 3 days ago

Tim P

Nov 20 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro ⭐️
    Edited 3 days ago

Just a small issue with the OP of this thread and his updater module:
    Initiater is not a word.
    (Initiator is, however!)

:P

20. 19 hours ago

Tim L

19 hours ago Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Phoenix, AZ, USA

@BillPlunkett Telemarketers.

I love using Asterisk PBX and the blacklist module to put them in a conference room jail with each other. You guys talk amongst yourself and stop bothering me. :)

or Sign Up to reply!